Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK: Build Your Brand

Featured Replies

Cal and the university are advocating players speaking about social issues.

 

UK hoops social commentary- Courier-Journal

 

I know millionaires aren't allowed to have opinions, so how about those playing for free? Or have they never experienced an injustice because they're playing for U.K. now?

  • Author
This will never not make me laugh. Ever.

 

Maybe a poor choice of words given the last week. But, you know, Cal just might be clean... right? Right.

Maybe a poor choice of words given the last week. But, you know, Cal just might be clean... right? Right.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not for a second acting as if those dudes are getting paid to come there, I am just pointing out that no D-1 full scholarship athlete is playing for free. Not by a long-shot.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not for a second acting as if those dudes are getting paid to come there, I am just pointing out that no D-1 full scholarship athlete is playing for free. Not by a long-shot.

 

Just curious are you concluding their education is their payment orrrrrr?

Just curious are you concluding their education is their payment orrrrrr?

 

That's how I took it.

Just curious are you concluding their education is their payment orrrrrr?

Education. Books. Meals. Discretionary monies. Gear. Travel. Family perks. For the average D1 basketball player, that can be over $50,000 per year. Hardly "free."

Education. Books. Meals. Discretionary monies. Gear. Travel. Family perks. For the average D1 basketball player, that can be over $50,000 per year. Hardly "free."
They also get a "cost of attendance " check every month, which usually amounts to about 2% of their scholarship. They are free to do as they wish with that money.
They also get a "cost of attendance " check every month, which usually amounts to about 2% of their scholarship. They are free to do as they wish with that money.

 

"Discretionary Monies" in my previous post. Called that because it is "supposed" to go to living supplies.

"Discretionary Monies" in my previous post. Called that because it is "supposed" to go to living supplies.

I thought about that after I submitted the post.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.