Trinity 26 DeSales 7 (JV)

thsrocks

The young Colts visited Marshall Stadium Monday evening. They used Coach Scroggins son (freshman) all the way versus the Rocks. DeSales appeared to have as many dressed as Trinity. The Colts did bring some other freshmen. The final score was the halftime score. Trinity scored on their opening possession and missed the PAT kick. A second long TD pass by Jake McKean (two point try no good) and a bad snap on a punt recovered in end zone(PAT kick good) were Trinity's next two scores. The Colts moved the ball between the 30s but were stopped on downs all but once in the first half. Trinity tacked on one more under QB Seth Jutz before the half (PAT kick good) for the final score. It was a clean game with Trinity picking up one 15 harder-I believe it was for mouthing off and not for a late hit.

Is Mr. Strothman (sp) still the "CEO" at DeSales? Whoever is there is doing a great job.

This is his last year (by his own choosing). As soon as the DeSales "Board" chooses his replacement, and he gives the new president the keys to the Colts Kingdom, he is "outta there"!

Yes, I am sure the start of the season wasn’t the one that the JV rocks might have wanted! However, as a fan and a parent you can only hope that the boys keep working hard together, get better and that’s seems to be the case! These boys should see some extra playing time coming their way very soon on Friday nights.

Also, a question that I always hear around the football field is that each player is only allowed to participate in 8 quarters a week per the KHSA rules, is that really a rule?