Simon Kenton 65 Cooper 7

UK#1fanisback

58 to 7 at one time it was 37 to 0 with 4 minutes left in the first qtr.

I have played on both sides of a blow out like this game and I get that coaches want stats for players and statements to be made. The outcome was decided within the first 1:30 of the game after the pick 6 and a 16-0 score. When the opponent can't even get a first down let alone positive yards then you have to dial back your D and play a base formation and forget about run and pass blitz.

I was disappointed in the sportsmanship of SK when they had to pass for yet another TD at the end of the half to make it 58-7....seriously what does that prove to anyone? It takes more courage to win with class than to stomp a mud hole in some one. Cooper lost 16 of 22 starters last year and this team is no more than a JV team playing a varsity schedule. But regardless of what the name of the high school is, play with class and dignity as SK has forgotten their seasons of 1-10 prior to 2008.

SK will beat Highlands and win out the rest of the season...only real test is Ryle. Good luck against the powerhouses Trinity, St X or Pleasure Ridge.

You think Borchers going try anything new? He left 5-6 starters in all 4 quarters...really! Jags seem to be going the wrong way on the hill. 0-5

Imo it's quite simple. They have a very young inexperienced team who while making a lot of mistakes in games are gaining valuable experience with it. Not to mention doing this while having played the 2 top teams in Nky and top 10 in the whole state on the road in their first 5 games.

It definitely looks to be a tough year for them. But in the last 7 years including this season they have only had 2 seasons where they didn't do as well. 2013 and this season. 2012 made the state title game and then lost a lot of players. 2013 they only won 2 games with that young inexperienced team. I would assume you would have said they were going the wrong way on the hill that season too. However then the next very year 2014 they were playing in the state semifinals. So I think they have shown they can turn it around as early as the next season.

I have played on both sides of a blow out like this game and I get that coaches want stats for players and statements to be made. The outcome was decided within the first 1:30 of the game after the pick 6 and a 16-0 score. When the opponent can't even get a first down let alone positive yards then you have to dial back your D and play a base formation and forget about run and pass blitz.

I was disappointed in the sportsmanship of SK when they had to pass for yet another TD at the end of the half to make it 58-7....seriously what does that prove to anyone? It takes more courage to win with class than to stomp a mud hole in some one. Cooper lost 16 of 22 starters last year and this team is no more than a JV team playing a varsity schedule. But regardless of what the name of the high school is, play with class and dignity as SK has forgotten their seasons of 1-10 prior to 2008.

SK will beat Highlands and win out the rest of the season...only real test is Ryle. Good luck against the powerhouses Trinity, St X or Pleasure Ridge.

I guess I'm a little more old school than some (probably comes from having a dad who was an old school FB coach). Do whatever you can in the first half, then put on the brakes in the second, work on some different stuff, get your 2s and 3s some good reps, etc.