Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Backing up computer files

Featured Replies

I'm one of those blinky flashy dancing Christmas light guys. I've been working on sequencing songs for my Christmas display for this year. I visit a couple different message boards to help with different parts of the display. Anyway, today two of my main contacts lost all of their files. Let me tell you, that's a lot of time and effort lost. It typically takes about 8-10 hours to sequence a single two minute song.

 

To the point, I need to backup my files on my laptop. It's a cheap refurbished Dell laptop I bought for about $100 at Best Buy.

 

Recommendations on an external hard drive/storage?

I have not had any issues with Western Digital external drives, mine are older but have a 1 TB and a 3 TB model that are desktop externals, the 1 TB backed up my old windows 7 desktop and the 3 TB is where I stored a bunch of video mostly semipro football games.

I switched to Mac and still use those to pull up my old files. I now have a 1 TB portable WD that is small like a deck of cards using as a backup for my MacBook Pro

I store my data in the cloud (Dropbox) so that it is available for recovery and for use on any device that I have (desktop, phone, iPad, etc.).

My IT guy told me to get the 1TB sea gate ultra slim. It was around $100. Works fine. I'll never eat up that much space.

And thanks for the reminder. Time to back it up.

I have a Seagate 1TB network hard drive with a 500gb Seagate drive plugged into that. I can access the drive from any computer in my house, or access it remotely from the web. I've also got several small portable drives that I use, as well as a dropbox, One Drive, and Google drive accounts that I use for various personal and work related things. I probably need to work on consolidating and getting rid of some of this storage, although keeping some redundancy is a good idea.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.