New Field at Holmes

B-Ball-fan

Holmes has their first home game on their newly upgraded Tom Ellis Field tonight at 7:00 vs Bishop Brossart.

This article also has a nifty little video of a drone fly-over of the new field, Holmes campus, and Meinken Field.

At the end of the article you will also find photos of Thursday night's dedication.

Photos: Holmes High School's New Athletics & Events Field Opens | The River City News

The Holmes campus is something to see if you never have.

We played a basketball scrimmage there my junior season in high school (1997-98) but I've never been other than that, and all I saw was the gym. It looks like an awesome place all the way around.

Nice event last night, good crowd, I personally am excited about the new press box as should the coaches, they don't have to walk up those crazy pull down steps and there are two rooms up stairs. All around a very nice facility that has been in the works for many years. Thanks to all.

Holmes has to be one of the top ten prettiest campuses in the state, if not the prettiest. It is worth the time to go to a football game and go early and walk the campus. It is like a small college campus. The only issues with a football game there is if it s sunny and also hot, it can be brutal. You are looking directly into the sun until it goes down.

A Bit of History:

This is the Holmes Castle that was located on the grounds where the present Holmes High School now sits.

Before it officially became Holmes High School classes were held in this mansion under the name Covington Public High School. The main road that runs one way through the campus starting at the stone entrance on Madison Ave. is called Castle Ct.

holmes_castle.jpg

Additional history regarding Daniel Henry Holmes and his castle can be found in these two articles:

Daniel Henry Holmes

Kenton County Public Library – Bygone Buildings: Covington’s Changing Cityscape

A Bit of History:

This is the Holmes Castle that was located on the grounds where the present Holmes High School now sits.

Before it officially became Holmes High School classes were held in this mansion under the name Covington Public High School. The main road that runs one way through the campus starting at the stone entrance on Madison Ave. is called Castle Ct.

[ATTACH]63469[/ATTACH]

Additional history regarding Daniel Henry Holmes and his castle can be found in these two articles:

Daniel Henry Holmes

Kenton County Public Library – Bygone Buildings: Covington’s Changing Cityscape

good stuff, thanks for sharing.