Dixie/Campbell County Predictions

Who do you think wins this game?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think wins this game?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I am not just a fan...maybe there is something else..wow you sound like CNN

If there is something else, I suggest you focus on making the team better instead of taking shots at the coaching staff. It is easy hiding behind a screen name.

Sure sounds like you have some pretty strong opinions. Will be interesting to follow your thoughts this season.

Coach 7 on 7 is a great way to work on plays and find guys who can play cover 1 and work with WR's on breaking down and coming out of cuts or route running techniques. An established QB can use the 7 on 7 drills to work on back shoulder throws, fades and posts and timing routes with his receivers. I believe that you should not replace a QB (or any skill player) if there is an equal or lesser option. I have not called for Austin Hoeh to be replaced but rather stated there is a better option in Andrew Helton. Helton is taller, faster (especially on the corners), has great deep ball touch and accuracy. Helton is not a D1 QB but rather one that is suited to a run and gun wide open offense which in turn forces the D to play nickel/dime packages and play outside in rather than inside out thus giving Mayer one on one opportunities and Dowds more counter options and draws. Campbell County is a run first offense and always has been. I am a proponent for change and this is why schools like Ryle, Highlands (years ago), Cooper, Conner, SK have made the change to an aerial attack to open the run game. Those schools have produced stellar QB's that can throw for points beside yards. Shift the paradigm coach...3 yards a cloud of rubber pellets just ain't working! Critical and constructive conversation is necessary in order to make people and organizations better...unfortunately there are some here who feel personally offended when you critique a system or staff or know more about the technical side than they do.

I still stand with CCHS 20 Dixie 16 due to home field advantage and the CCHS junior class and the talent they possess.

If there is something else, I suggest you focus on making the team better instead of taking shots at the coaching staff. It is easy hiding behind a screen name.

I am not taking shots at the coaching staff...I have said nothing personal or offensive about anyone. I have said that there is a lack of winning attitude within the organization...heck everyone wants to win but can a coach be creative enough and mentor that team to win. All coaches are dedicated to their programs and players, and put in many hours of work, but I am asking do the coaches truly have the pulse of their teams.

Defense should be improved over last year and that in itself wins quarters...quarters win games and games win championships.

Good luck to CCHS as 2017 begins with walkthroughs today...a very daunting schedule ahead.

I am not taking shots at the coaching staff...I have said nothing personal or offensive about anyone. I have said that there is a lack of winning attitude within the organization...heck everyone wants to win but can a coach be creative enough and mentor that team to win. All coaches are dedicated to their programs and players, and put in many hours of work, but I am asking do the coaches truly have the pulse of their teams.

Defense should be improved over last year and that in itself wins quarters...quarters win games and games win championships.

Good luck to CCHS as 2017 begins with walkthroughs today...a very daunting schedule ahead.

To say a coach lacks leadership is a shot in my book. Enough of that though.

Good luck Camels this season.

Campbell County has won 5 games in the last 2 seasons and the Camels struggle this year. Campbell County front 7 on defense will be better but the secondary is weaker this year. Offensively Austin Hoeh struggles throwing with accuracy so teams will play 8 in the box to stop Alex Dowds and a good running game. I see Dixie winning by 7.

Austin Hoeh has looked very good in 7's and the scrimmage this past Friday. He looks very comfortable and is making good decisions. Passing game will be a strength.

I wanted to comment in this thread as I read through it but then as I kept reading, it got ugly. I don't mean to participate in that at all but I do want to add my observations.

The bold statement above is where I think CC is. Having seen them in 7 v 7 early this summer confirms this opinion. However, they have had time to develop and perhaps the offense will be more efficient as the season starts. They will need a strong running game to allow the QB opportunities. They could not run against Boone last year and hence Boone was able to get its only win of the season. But I hope @BubbyKY is correct.

Alex Dowd will be even better this year and Hoeh will be improved. I think CC takes a step forward this year and the following year they take another step forward. The juniors, when they were freshman, had a strong team.

I can't pick a clear winner in this one but I give the edge to CC.

Good luck to both Dixie and Campbell Co for the 2017 season.

BTW, I love 3 yrds and a cloud of dust (on Boone's field) or a splash of black rubber pellets (like at Dixie Heights and Campbell Co).

The RB position is deeper than it has been in a while. You will see many players carrying the football and they are all good options:

Jolly, Dowds, Anderson, Cloyd, Brooks

The WR position is deep with tall receivers. Throw in a 2200 yard passer from last season and this will be a CC strength.

CC returns 7-8 on each side of the ball, had a great off season in the weight room, and I think has some confidence. Bad mouthing the coaching staff and berating players is not something Camel fans are interested in hearing. Take One game at a time, Beat Dixie, Go Camels!

I wanted to comment in this thread as I read through it but then as I kept reading, it got ugly. I don't mean to participate in that at all but I do want to add my observations.

The bold statement above is where I think CC is. Having seen them in 7 v 7 early this summer confirms this opinion. However, they have had time to develop and perhaps the offense will be more efficient as the season starts. They will need a strong running game to allow the QB opportunities. They could not run against Boone last year and hence Boone was able to get its only win of the season. But I hope @BubbyKY is correct.

Alex Dowd will be even better this year and Hoeh will be improved. I think CC takes a step forward this year and the following year they take another step forward. The juniors, when they were freshman, had a strong team.

I can't pick a clear winner in this one but I give the edge to CC.

Good luck to both Dixie and Campbell Co for the 2017 season.

BTW, I love 3 yrds and a cloud of dust (on Boone's field) or a splash of black rubber pellets (like at Dixie Heights and Campbell Co).

:thumb:

No one berated the players...period. The coaches have not produced results and that is not berating them rather facts. I stated that coaches put in hard work but not getting the pulse of the team and that is not a knock on their leadership but rather on their communication. Everyone needs to see how this team performs and talk at mid-season to see where the Camels stand.

No one berated the players...period. The coaches have not produced results and that is not berating them rather facts. I stated that coaches put in hard work but not getting the pulse of the team and that is not a knock on their leadership but rather on their communication. Everyone needs to see how this team performs and talk at mid-season to see where the Camels stand.

Few years ago Camels won back to back district titles coaches know what they are doing.

Lickert is the best coach at that school, no names on those shirts matter. He plays who can help him win, no buddies or politics with him. Let's have the game play out, I hope all the young men have a great, safe opening night. I have housed many of these guys this summer, great group of kids.