Political Demographics

Hearsay

As if getting a job makes you a republican?

Just generalizing the generalization. Lighten up.

No but getting a job in the real world and seeing liberal policies in action certainly opens ones eyes. For the record I never made any generalization I was speaking of one very specific example, me. You are the one who said and I quote

Thank goodness that 50% of us never grew up or got jobs"

Now that certainly sounds to me like you are characterizing liberals as immature and unemployed.

No but getting a job in the real world and seeing liberal policies in action certainly opens ones eyes. For the record I never made any generalization I was speaking of one very specific example, me. You are the one who said and I quote

Now that certainly sounds to me like you are characterizing liberals as immature and unemployed.

Why would I do that? It sure wouldn't be a refletion of my life as a liberal.

Served my country, coached youth sports for over 20 years to give something back and have been employed for the past 30 years in a field that with my salary, commission and bonus earn more than most of my republican associates.

But, Jim, you have to ask yourself, why is it that so many of certain identifiable groups register as Democrats and certain other identifiable groups register as Republicans? I think, from an evidentiary standpoint, it is plausible that the values that singles, students, gays, etc. find most important they find represented by the Democratic Party, and the values that married couples, people with children, and church-goers find most important they find represented by the Republican Party.

For one full year on this site, Frances has put quotation marks around "family values" and challenged anyone on here to define it. Empirically, this is about as close to an answer as I can come up with.

Looks like Congressman Foley, (R-Florida) will be voting democratic this election. Just resigned for sending inappropiat e-mails to a 16 year old boy that used to be a page for a LA congressman.

Why would I do that? It sure wouldn't be a refletion of my life as a liberal.

Served my country, coached youth sports for over 20 years to give something back and have been employed for the past 30 years in a field that with my salary, commission and bonus earn more than most of my republican associates.

Yet you were the one that rebutted what I said by implying that liberals are unemployed and immature.