WWE SummerSlam August 20th

I haven't seen enough of The Revival to evaluate them quite yet.

I was really surprised at the crowd's treatment of Bayley. Even if you don't like someone, you don't boo when they get hurt. I thought that was a really low class move.

I am probably not being fair to the Revival but so far so average.

On Bayley, I agree on not booing someone that is hurt but I think she was mixing her character, which isn't very over at the moment in my opinion, with the news about the injury. In other words, she was trying to have her cake and eat it too and the WWE needs to be paying attention.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brock Lesnar © vs. Roman Reigns vs. Samoa Joe vs. Braun Strowman - Fatal 4-Way for the WWE Universal Championship

Jinder Mahal © vs. Shinsuke Nakamura - WWE World Championship

A.J. Styles © vs. Kevin Owens - WWE United States Championship

The New Day © vs. The Usos - WWE Smackdown Tag Team Championship

Alexa Bliss © vs. Sasha Banks or Nia Jax - WWE Raw Women's Championship

Naomi © vs. Natalya - WWE Smackdown Women's Championship

Neville © vs. Akira Tozawa - WWE Cruiserweight Championship

Finn Balor vs. Bray Wyatt

Randy Orton vs. Rusev

Big Cass vs. Big Show

They'll very likely add a Raw Tag Title match, I'm assuming Cesaro & Sheamus vs. Seth Rollins & Dean Ambrose.

I also look for a John Cena/Baron Corbin matchup.

Not sure if they'll have The Miz defend the Intercontinental title or not. The card is already really crowded.

They'll very likely add a Raw Tag Title match, I'm assuming Cesaro & Sheamus vs. Seth Rollins & Dean Ambrose.

I also look for a John Cena/Baron Corbin matchup.

Not sure if they'll have The Miz defend the Intercontinental title or not. The card is already really crowded.

5 hours to kill they need a few more matches.

5 hours to kill they need a few more matches.

Wrestlemania had 13 matches, counting those on the pre-show, and it was 5 hours long. If they add the 3 I mentioned, they'd have 13 matches.

But that also means nothing for Charlotte Flair, Becky Lynch, Carmella, & the loser of Sasha/Nia on the female side. That also means nothing for The Hardy Boyz, Gallows & Anderson, Breezango, Sami Zayn, Mike Kanellis, & Elias Samson on the male side.

This doesn't have much to do with Summer Slam, but it does the lead-up to it.

According to numerous online sources, the original ending to the John Cena/Shinsuke Nakamura match was for Nakamura to win as a result of Baron Corbin's interference. Corbin was supposedly going to attack Nakamura, but inadvertently hit Cena, thereby costing him the victory. But when Cena saw that this was the planned finish, he pushed for Nakamura to win with a clean pin.

If true, that's good work by John Cena.

Wrestlemania had 13 matches, counting those on the pre-show, and it was 5 hours long. If they add the 3 I mentioned, they'd have 13 matches.

But that also means nothing for Charlotte Flair, Becky Lynch, Carmella, & the loser of Sasha/Nia on the female side. That also means nothing for The Hardy Boyz, Gallows & Anderson, Breezango, Sami Zayn, Mike Kanellis, & Elias Samson on the male side.

Speaking of which Kanellis is awful, hate it.

And this shows us the problem the WWE is up against now, with two separate brands, NXT, Live 205, and whatever else they throw at us they are over-saturated.

I just had this discussion last night with another wrestling fan and the bottom line is there is too much to keep up with now which means WWE will be the loser when they go up against other quality sports/entertainment. At least at my place that's how it will roll.

This doesn't have much to do with Summer Slam, but it does the lead-up to it.

According to numerous online sources, the original ending to the John Cena/Shinsuke Nakamura match was for Nakamura to win as a result of Baron Corbin's interference. Corbin was supposedly going to attack Nakamura, but inadvertently hit Cena, thereby costing him the victory. But when Cena saw that this was the planned finish, he pushed for Nakamura to win with a clean pin.

If true, that's good work by John Cena.

I know a lot of people don't like Cena but I think he is the best for putting other wrestlers over. Too bad the Nakamura buildup was insufficient. I feel like lackluster buildups are the new normal for WWE. Samoa Joe comes to mind too. They are pushing some of these new guys way too fast up the ladder.

What has Nakamura done? I guess he won a feud with a recycled Dolph Ziggler.

I hate to be so negative but I think the WWE is trying to serve too many masters and it is hurting their product.

Speaking of which Kanellis is awful, hate it.

And this shows us the problem the WWE is up against now, with two separate brands, NXT, Live 205, and whatever else they throw at us they are over-saturated.

I just had this discussion last night with another wrestling fan and the bottom line is there is too much to keep up with now which means WWE will be the loser when they go up against other quality sports/entertainment. At least at my place that's how it will roll.

Agree on Kanellis. I love his entrance music, but that's it.

Oversaturation is WWE's biggest problem, no doubt. They have a ton of talent right now, but even that doesn't justify how much content we are expected to consume.

Part of the reason NXT is so popular is because less is more.

I know a lot of people don't like Cena but I think he is the best for putting other wrestlers over. Too bad the Nakamura buildup was insufficient. I feel like lackluster buildups are the new normal for WWE. Samoa Joe comes to mind too. They are pushing some of these new guys way too fast up the ladder.

What has Nakamura done? I guess he won a feud with a recycled Dolph Ziggler.

I hate to be so negative but I think the WWE is trying to serve too many masters and it is hurting their product.

I'm not bothered by Nakamura's push because he built his reputation in Japan & secondarily in NXT. Same is true for Joe IMO.

I think the biggest and dumbest push was Jinder Mahal's. He went from glorified jobber to number one contender to world champion in a month or less.

I do agree that WWE is trying to serve too many masters. We probably just disagree on the specifics of that.

Agree on Kanellis. I love his entrance music, but that's it.

Oversaturation is WWE's biggest problem, no doubt. They have a ton of talent right now, but even that doesn't justify how much content we are expected to consume.

Part of the reason NXT is so popular is because less is more.

I can't even go there anymore. NASCAR and Formula One need my attention too. And let's not forget the NFL is upon us.

I just started watching it again in the last month or so. Their Takeover events are usually really good.

I watched some highlights that looked great but I don't have a Junior G pushing the tempo if you know what I mean Beast.