Has Politics Become the new Sports?

In many facets, it boils down to a spiritual conflict and deep disagreement on the role of government. Those who don't believe in God see government as having a responsibility to provide for their needs, legislate fairness and define morality. Those who recognize a higher power look to that power to provide for their needs.

I believe there are many out there who would support your statement. Lenin believed that belief in God had to be destroyed, so that the citizenry would have to put their faith in government.

I believe there are many out there who would support your statement. Lenin believed that belief in God had to be destroyed, so that the citizenry would have to put their faith in government.

But there are also a lot who would be willing to fight you over suggesting such a thing. My dad, for example, who bled in Vietnam and is a dedicated Democrat. Oh yeah, he goes to church every Sunday/Saturday and usually helps Father out with reading the Bible passages for the assembled crowd. He's got a great collection of guns that I bet he'd be glad to show you and anybody else who believes that "Democrats are traitors" garbage that is proffered on this board on an hourly basis.

But he hates America, like all Democrats.

But there are also a lot who would be willing to fight you over suggesting such a thing. My dad, for example, who bled in Vietnam and is a dedicated Democrat. Oh yeah, he goes to church every Sunday/Saturday and usually helps Father out with reading the Bible passages for the assembled crowd. He's got a great collection of guns that I bet he'd be glad to show you and anybody else who believes that "Democrats are traitors" garbage that is proffered on this board on an hourly basis.

But he hates America, like all Democrats.

Please note that the thread I quoted said those who hate God.

Lenin's statement was to get people to give up their beliefs.

The leadership of this group then will do whatever they can to get people to follow them, even if it is is incremental steps. With or without their faith intact.