Lafayette 2017

Ram

26 points a game? I looked it up 21.8 which isn't that bad.

Not sure where you looked up your information but according to KHSAA they gave up 386 points in 15 games which is 25.7pts/game. We simply have a different definition of a good defense. Lafayette had an excellent offense last year that simply outscored nearly everyone which is ok I suppose but at some point you have to stop someone. If their offense will be as potent as last year more power to them. I have no dog in the fight but I don't see their defense being better than last year unless they were very young which would explain possibly why they gave up more points in 6A than any other team in 6A with a winning record.

Are we sure that all of the 26 points came against their defense? Were there any special team scores, INT's or fumbles returned for touchdowns? That could be were there is a discrepancy.

They lose all 5 starting offensive linemen and the star QB. I believe they lose all 4 starting Defensive linemen as well. Shaw and Blake are good, but football is won upfront. How do they replace so many big time players and reproduce the success over the last two years or do they take a step back rebuilding this year?

They lose all 5 starting offensive linemen and the star QB. I believe they lose all 4 starting Defensive linemen as well. Shaw and Blake are good, but football is won upfront. How do they replace so many big time players and reproduce the success over the last two years or do they take a step back rebuilding this year?

They return Tyler Moore 6'1 265 started at left tackle. They also return Devontee Hayes 6'3 200 DE, Tyrone Williams 6'0 240 DT and Dylan Mckinnley 6'0 265 DT on the Dline. Other kids who will fill in are.

OL/DL Jay Reese 6'3 296

OL/DL Braden Caudill 6'3 275

OL/DL Matthew Marcum 6'1 230

OL/DL Ian Sexton 6'1 260

OL/DL David Sams 6'1 315

OL/DL Jeffery Black 6'0 290

It's going to be an interesting year for Lexington city football. I am hearing that Fredrick Douglas will have plenty of talent but not be very deep. They have several kids from Bryan Station, Henry Clay, at least 1 good one from LCA, and at least 1 from Texas. Bryan Station has had several significant departures to FD and a few to other city schools but will still have nice talent. Henry Clay has lost some players to FD and don't seem to be headed in a good direction. In fact, they don't seem to have any direction. Dunbar has been sub par and lost a lot to graduation. Tates Creek has been trending up and should continue that direction. The cupboards are by no means empty at Lafayette and they continue to be the hot destination for some of the cities best football players but I think the gap has closed on them some.