May 12, 20179 yr I would like to ask, at what point should a group be allowed to say that was their ancestors and not them ? They realize that something terrible happened and there is a lesson to learn, hoping never repeat such an atrocity. Looking back on history, besides what the Nazis did, what the Turks did, what Commies did in a number of countries, slavery, not just in our country, but throughout the world, including Africans selling others into slavery. At what point is it all on their ancestors? Good question to which I have no answer. I do think it is ironic that people are quick to say "My ancestors did that. Not me," but let folks take down a Jefferson Davis monument/statue and then folks are mad that "history is being erased".
May 12, 20179 yr People want to avoid history when it paints a bad light. They embrace it when it's a positive light. Truth is that history informs our present. For better and for worse. That's why I'm not really sure there is ever a point when it doesn't influence us.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.