Dave Rubin - Why I left the left.

I wouldn't say that I'm terribly too far from his line of thinking, though to present his point he also needs to be careful with broad brushing in a way that he is speaking out against.

There are still very many liberals who hold to traditional progressive concepts, and though some have lost sight of the true meaning of that, they don't represent everyone.

Because my viewpoints are not far right like some here, I've too often been immediately unfoundedly and unfairly broadly tossed into an extreme far left category with buzz words like elitist cry baby snowflake bleeding heart liberal by a few here who vehemently do exactly what they're claiming that all present day liberals do.

Many assumptions have been made about me personally by those who repetitively knee-jerkingly reach for their tired phrases when they don't rationally apply to me.

While they claim a serious disconnect on my part, they too often continue to display a disconnect of their own.

I've lost count of the amount of times I've shaken my head at the exaggerated assumptions made by those who sound like a broken record as they lump everyone who is not "right" like them into an extreme far left category.

Though some here can present an extreme right perspective in such an insufferable nauseating fashion I too have to remind myself that they don't represent all reasonable rational conservatives either.

I'm liberal, but I don't believe in some of the crazy things some do on the left. Just like many conservatives on here aren't racists like some on the right are.

This guy found a voice and viewership bashing the left. He's making money on outrage.

We always have to be careful of pundits and politicians using their broad brushes.

While I agree with the broad brush statements he makes some compelling points. I don't think he is bashing, more of being honest. I have no problem with his views. The left is being hijacked by some screaming, hateful, fascist, violent zealots. They are not doing anything to help further an agenda that most can get behind or tolerate. Most of America sits in the middle.