April 21, 20179 yr Need a little advice here on the best place to drop off someone as close to GABP without a.) having a handicap placard or b.) having that person walk up a bunch of steps. We've got tickets to Saturday's Reds-Cubs game, but today my son got put in a walking boot after doing some (non-break) damage to his ankle Tuesday at school. After spending a portion of the day in it here at home, he says it doesn't hurt to walk...but, it definitely slows him down and makes climbing stairs a little interesting. So, was looking for the best spot to drop Mrs. CSF and him off as close to the stadium before I go and park. I'm thinking that the corner of Second St. and Main Street (near the Joe Morgan statue) is probably best, considering our seats are down the third base line. Do they still block off Main Street there next to the stadium? Any other suggestions?
April 21, 20179 yr Bottom of Pete Rose way at light in front of US Bank is 3rd base side and has steps and escalator up to stadium
April 21, 20179 yr Author Bottom of Pete Rose way at light in front of US Bank is 3rd base side and has steps and escalator up to stadium Great! I don't know if we've ever come in that way before or not. Thanks!
April 21, 20179 yr I'd pull off to the side right in front of the stadium or a block before. They usually have spaces where taxis are coming and going and polices officers around that would probably be understanding of the situation.
April 21, 20179 yr Bottom of Pete Rose way at light in front of US Bank is 3rd base side and has steps and escalator up to stadium This would be my suggestion as well due. Dropping them off by the Banks would be ideal but then you have to do with the crowd.
April 21, 20179 yr Author This would be my suggestion as well due. Dropping them off by the Banks would be ideal but then you have to do with the crowd. Yeah, as long as there's an escalator there, then that'll probably be what we do. For some reason I only envisioned steps being there...which is why I wasn't considering it before.
April 21, 20179 yr Yeah, as long as there's an escalator there, then that'll probably be what we do. For some reason I only envisioned steps being there...which is why I wasn't considering it before. There is an escalator and steps. This entrance will basically take you to the left field foul pole, which pending the weather for the game tomorrow, might be a good spot to camp out a little.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.