Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

31st District

Featured Replies

Who will take the title home for the 31st District. Gallatin Co. is returning some good players and has many seniors. I look for a rematch of last years championship game between Carroll Co. and Gallatin Co. Carroll looked good over the summer and has added some new faces to the team. I look forward to the Carroll vs. Gallatin game.

  • Replies 61
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say its Gallatins, they only lose one player. Carroll lost the heart of their team. Who are the new faces they have added?

Who will take the title home for the 31st District. Gallatin Co. is returning some good players and has many seniors. I look for a rematch of last years championship game between Carroll Co. and Gallatin Co. Carroll looked good over the summer and has added some new faces to the team. I look forward to the Carroll vs. Gallatin game.

Pretty bold prediction considering last years Carroll Co. team rotated 7 players regularly, only 2 return (Welch,Roberts). And those two weren't exactly "key" players . I would say the Galatians should be heavily favored in the 31st district and possibly the All "A" as well. Besides , "if" both teams "did" have equal talent, i would give the edge to Gallatin since Coach Jones sits on Gallatin's bench. Carroll had more size (Miller) and the best player (Mcmahon), and more Seniors( CC had 5 i believe, GC had 1), and only managed one win against Gallatin in 4 meetings .

  • Author
Pretty bold prediction considering last years Carroll Co. team rotated 7 players regularly, only 2 return (Welch,Roberts). And those two weren't exactly "key" players . I would say the Galatians should be heavily favored in the 31st district and possibly the All "A" as well. Besides , "if" both teams "did" have equal talent, i would give the edge to Gallatin since Coach Jones sits on Gallatin's bench. Carroll had more size (Miller) and the best player (Mcmahon), and more Seniors( CC had 5 i believe, GC had 1), and only managed one win against Gallatin in 4 meetings .

 

I know Carroll garduated many but many have stepped up, including many out of their heavily armed sophomore class (including guards Cable, Allen, and forward Hendrick to name a few) this year which got alot of time in summer ball and did very well. Welch and Roberts will both step up once again and Carroll has added some size and will be quick.

I know Carroll garduated many but many have stepped up, including many out of their heavily armed sophomore class (including guards Cable, Allen, and forward Hendrick to name a few) this year which got alot of time in summer ball and did very well. Welch and Roberts will both step up once again and Carroll has added some size and will be quick.

Maybe you see something that isn't there. I watched Carroll this summer and wasn't impressed. IMO Gallatin is the clear cut favorite, followed by Henry, Carroll, and OWen in that order. The sophmore class you refer to are o.k. but if you are relying on them to fill the void left by mcmahon, miller, and starks I think you're expecting too much out of them too soon.

  • Author
Maybe you see something that isn't there. I watched Carroll this summer and wasn't impressed. IMO Gallatin is the clear cut favorite, followed by Henry, Carroll, and OWen in that order. The sophmore class you refer to are o.k. but if you are relying on them to fill the void left by mcmahon, miller, and starks I think you're expecting too much out of them too soon.

 

In Georgetown Carroll came away as the team camp champions after playing really tough, good teams. The sophomores are not the only ones that can play, upcoming seniors Proctor, Riley, Roberts, and Cheatum are all very reliable in the game and have varsity experience. With these players as well as the sophomore class I refered to I believe it will be tough for Gallatin to just walk away with a victory in Districts.

Nobody is saying Gallatin is going to walk away with it, what most think is CC has alot to replace---90% of their scoring, 90% of their rebounds, and 90% of their assist---other than that they have a bunch returning. Best of luck to CC, I think Coach Miller will have his boy's poised for a run at the title come March.

  • Author
Nobody is saying Gallatin is going to walk away with it, what most think is CC has alot to replace---90% of their scoring, 90% of their rebounds, and 90% of their assist---other than that they have a bunch returning. Best of luck to CC, I think Coach Miller will have his boy's poised for a run at the title come March.

 

They also gain it back with the players they have stepping up. Many on the team can shoot very well and crash the boards hard and can passing has improved tremendously. I just believe the game between Carroll and Gallatin will be very good games this year.

They also gain it back with the players they have stepping up. Many on the team can shoot very well and crash the boards hard and can passing has improved tremendously. I just believe the game between Carroll and Gallatin will be very good games this year.

It is always a good game no matter the differences in talent, I just think your asking alot out of unproven players.

The soph talent at Gallatin is much better than that of Carroll. Maddix played a bunch last year and Carlton was a starter most of the year

  • Author
The soph talent at Gallatin is much better than that of Carroll. Maddix played a bunch last year and Carlton was a starter most of the year

 

I disagree. Maddux and Carlton might have played varsity but like said before Carroll had many upperclassmen on the Varsity roster. I believe Carrolls soph talent is much better than Gallatin. Carroll is 7-8 deep in soph class and in freshman districts last year and in regular season Carroll put a beating on the Wildcats every game. Carroll ended up being Freshmen district champions and Maddux and Carlton both played and both were shut down. I disagree completely with the soph from Gallatin being much better than Carrolls

Are you joking? The two only played two times and both were decided by less than 5 points. Gallatins frosh team had two 8th graders starting on it and only had 7 total players. Help me understand this---CC sophs didn't play at all for a team that Gallatin beat 3 out of for times. Gallatins sophs one started every game and the other was on every all tournement team that Gallatin played in. To me it's simple, none of the sophs at CC would have played a minute at Gallatin. It's not even close.

I disagree. Maddux and Carlton might have played varsity but like said before Carroll had many upperclassmen on the Varsity roster. I believe Carrolls soph talent is much better than Gallatin. Carroll is 7-8 deep in soph class and in freshman districts last year and in regular season Carroll put a beating on the Wildcats every game. Carroll ended up being Freshmen district champions and Maddux and Carlton both played and both were shut down. I disagree completely with the soph from Gallatin being much better than Carrolls

Maddox and Carlton would've played for Carroll's varsity last year if they were at that school. What classifies a beating. If getting beat by a combined 7 points in two games is a beating, Than yeah Carroll destroyed Gallatin's Freshman. The two best players between the school's at the sophmore level are carlton and maddox. Hands down. No Competition.

If you want to be totally honest about it in one of the frosh games Carlton scored 15 straight and was taken out of the game bad some very bad officiating. Don't suspend me MR. GURU, I'm just trying to be as honest as I can. Don't get me wrong I think the youngsters from CC will be just fine, I just don't think they are in the same class as Carlton and Maddox. You obviously weren't at the class 1st round either. Carlton had probably the best five minute spirt I have ever seen against CC.

Gallatin is the team to beat, Hands down. But Just like Carroll last year they will be the hunted instead of the hunter. Carroll didn't play up to their hype. They had no senior leadership, or really have no chemistry together. McMahon was just out for hisself and Miller was as weak as the GC post players.He was 6'8 and 240lbs. GC had 2 6'3 that didn't weigh nearly as close as Miller he was just weak. People are over-looking the panther team, Over the summer they beat Logan County the West Viginia State Champs last year and CC was down by atleast 15 at one point. Proctor and Roberts dominated the whole summer Cable and Hendrick made a good impression for Miller. Roberts learned how to play together.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.