Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Corbin 92 Paris 74

Featured Replies

You are down 10 getting off the bus at Corbin. 15 if out of region

 

Most of the 13th region officials are from Laurel Co., Knox Co. and Bell Co. Most of the people from those areas despise Corbin, so why would the officials from those areas like Corbin so much that they would blatantly cheat? Sounds like to me people have to make excuses to justify losing.

 

Now I will agree that teams from outside the region tend to get an unfavorable whistle when playing at Corbin, or at most other places in the region, but home teams seem to get the benefit of the doubt from officials at all levels.

  • Replies 39
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes we got out played without our best defensive player and the refs were horrible. None of that matter Corbin has a star in Andrew Taylor and they flat out outplayed us last night. #parispride

 

When Corbin can get and run, they are a much better team than when they have to play a halfcourt game. If it was a different style of game last night and if Corbin was not knocking down the 3 ball, Paris may have won by double digits. Corbin relies on the hitting outside shots(with the exception of Taylor)in the halfcourt, sometimes they fall and sometimes they don't. Plus, the rims at Corbin are soft, so the Hounds shoot much better at home than on the road.

Geez Corbin assistant football coached was the ref at my daughters game at corbin last year. Mousier maybe his name. It's crazy crap goes on

I heard people complain about Philpot being a Corbin homer for years, then one year at the Region final between Corbin and South Laurel, he was sitting 2 rows in front of me cheering for the Cards. He had every right to cheer for whomever he wanted, but I'm sitting there wondering how come he's rooting against Corbin if he is such a Corbin homer.

 

I was at a Corbin vs. Bell middle school game several years ago when Tom Greer was an asst. coach there. Coach Hilton and Coach Greer officiated the game and Tommy's son played in it for Bell Co. No one on the Corbin side complained about it though.

Come on man. "I've never really seen it".. you guys may have been the better team tonight but stop defending what goes on there. Your losing credibility quickly my man. Over the years have seen about 5-7 games there and it has always been Corbin's advantage with the whistle. Not just sometimes ..always. Heard about all the others too. It is what it is..

 

 

I've seen probably 500 games there over the years. I hope this absurd belief of opposing teams getting shafted continues. The advantage Corbin has there is not from refs looking to screw the opposition but from teams thinking they have to go up against both Corbin and the striped shirts. The advantage "getting off the bus" is a psychological one the mindset of the opposition.

I heard people complain about Philpot being a Corbin homer for years, then one year at the Region final between Corbin and South Laurel, he was sitting 2 rows in front of me cheering for the Cards. He had every right to cheer for whomever he wanted, but I'm sitting there wondering how come he's rooting against Corbin if he is such a Corbin homer.

 

I was at a Corbin vs. Bell middle school game several years ago when Tom Greer was an asst. coach there. Coach Hilton and Coach Greer officiated the game and Tommy's son played in it for Bell Co. No one on the Corbin side complained about it though.

 

A lot of this stuff about Corbin having "homer" refs started with Mike Philpot. I never thought Mike was one-sided. And like you say, if he had loyalties it was with South. Just a bunch of nonsense. Like I said above, I hope people keep believing it though. Gives the Hounds a definite psychological edge.

A lot of this stuff about Corbin having "homer" refs started with Mike Philpot. I never thought Mike was one-sided. And like you say, if he had loyalties it was with South. Just a bunch of nonsense. Like I said above, I hope people keep believing it though. Gives the Hounds a definite psychological edge.

 

I had an argument with a guy on here a few years ago who claimed that one of the rims at Corbin was 6" lower than the other, which he claimed gave Corbin an unfair advantage. I asked him if they changed goals at the half so that his team could shoot on it and he responded that it was still an advantage because they were use to it. He was a fan of a Northern KY team that beat Corbin 2 years in a row in a row in the CFIT finals, so I'm not really sure why he was complaining, but he would not give it up. Seems to me that would be a way to screw up your own shooting.:isurrender:

I think a lot of you better be 20 points better if you play at Corbin stuff at the high school level bleeds over from the middle school. Anybody thats ever played there knows its ten times worse at the middle school. Thats where it all starts IMO and follows the kids to the high school.

I had an argument with a guy on here a few years ago who claimed that one of the rims at Corbin was 6" lower than the other, which he claimed gave Corbin an unfair advantage. I asked him if they changed goals at the half so that his team could shoot on it and he responded that it was still an advantage because they were use to it. He was a fan of a Northern KY team that beat Corbin 2 years in a row in a row in the CFIT finals, so I'm not really sure why he was complaining, but he would not give it up. Seems to me that would be a way to screw up your own shooting.:isurrender:

 

 

Just craziness. Sounds like someone from the land of Dixie.

I think a lot of you better be 20 points better if you play at Corbin stuff at the high school level bleeds over from the middle school. Anybody thats ever played there knows its ten times worse at the middle school. Thats where it all starts IMO and follows the kids to the high school.

 

Please keep perpetuating the myth.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.