Bath County vs Fairview

Radioboy74

Radio -

siting the records of teams played does NOT imply a lack of respect for Bath Co...Schedules are made sometimes 2 years in advance and no one knows what the competition will be...

my postings simply recognized the observation that the teams Bath Co has played so far are WIN-LESS overall this season - which DOES imply they are having down years or have a strong schedule...

I seriously doubt anyone on this thread meant any ill-will to the Bath Co kids, coaches, fans or program.

If you go back and read the postings again, I think you will discover more celebration and congratulations to Bath Co than derogatory comments. Your District peers are supporting the fact that Bath Co has made great strides with the program and we are all excited for you.

Sorry for getting long-winded on this, but it is easy for all of us to read one statement and interpret it as a slam or lack of respect to our teams...I assure you that was not the intent behind anything I have seen relating to this game or to your program/kids.

Good luck tomorrow evening against Fairview!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for the Bath County Field still working on a few things. The visitor section across the field has a couple of movable bleechers seats. no more multi purpose baseball, football, little leage it is football only now. I think they did let the futball (soccer) team use it. ugggh.

As for the purpose of this thread there have been some truths and some untruths posted. TaN great Job well done. ODRambler glad to hear ya!

First myth scheduling weak teams.

Bath is a part of the EKC (East Ky Confrence) which invludes the following teams Bath, Nicholas, Fairview, Lewis, East, West and Fleming.

Bath gets 10 games a year. They must play 1. LCA 2. Nicholas 3. Berea 4. Fairview 5. Raceland 6. Paris leaving only 4 teams to choose from. Morgan West Carter, and Lewis County have each played the Cats 20 some of the 31 years that Bath has had a team. Meaning they play just about every year no matter what. The only addition lately has been Rowan County which used to be a every year game but Rowan dropped Bath some time ago after losing to a A program. If they were looking for cupcakes they wouldn't schedule teams from the EKC to play. There are teams with far worse records and less superior coaching to play for that.

The Wildcat's have a group of players that love the game and play with a lot of heart and determination. The numbers have increased due to dedication and hard work. If Bath County was 0-3 coming into the game as they have been the last 3 years would the Fairview faithful be as quick to post snap backs at every comment.

I love High School Sports I know where I will be Friday Night. Watching the Bath County Wildcats take on The Fairview Eagles. Give the Cats some due respect.

I hope that my comments weren't taken as disrespect. Imo the Bath program is back on track and it is obvious that you are playing well. I hope that you beat fairview Friday night and wish your Wildcats luck the rest of the way (except for the Raceland game :D ) :thumb:

Radio -

siting the records of teams played does NOT imply a lack of respect for Bath Co...Schedules are made sometimes 2 years in advance and no one knows what the competition will be...

my postings simply recognized the observation that the teams Bath Co has played so far are WIN-LESS overall this season - which DOES imply they are having down years or have a strong schedule...

I seriously doubt anyone on this thread meant any ill-will to the Bath Co kids, coaches, fans or program.

If you go back and read the postings again, I think you will discover more celebration and congratulations to Bath Co than derogatory comments. Your District peers are supporting the fact that Bath Co has made great strides with the program and we are all excited for you.

Sorry for getting long-winded on this, but it is easy for all of us to read one statement and interpret it as a slam or lack of respect to our teams...I assure you that was not the intent behind anything I have seen relating to this game or to your program/kids.

Good luck tomorrow evening against Fairview!

:thumb: Nice post EagleEye, and very true.

Eagle Eye and Old Rambler that post was not intended for you. There are more conversations going on about Bath County football beyond this board. This is the first class that is comprised mostly of kids who started out in the JR Pro program and made their way up. Bath is now 4-0 going back to last season a far better than the 1-9 the last 5 years. The year was 1998 Fairviews first team after 2 years absence everyone pulled for them they finished 1-9. Wasn't that long ago the they struggled with numbers I rember that. It is funny looking back when I was in school the teams feared Bath County I think that is coming back now. Bath could of had a poor team and would win only a lot of times because of heart and a name.

Eagle Eye and Old Rambler that post was not intended for you. There are more conversations going on about Bath County football beyond this board. This is the first class that is comprised mostly of kids who started out in the JR Pro program and made their way up. Bath is now 4-0 going back to last season a far better than the 1-9 the last 5 years. The year was 1998 Fairviews first team after 2 years absence everyone pulled for them they finished 1-9. Wasn't that long ago the they struggled with numbers I rember that. It is funny looking back when I was in school the teams feared Bath County I think that is coming back now. Bath could of had a poor team and would win only a lot of times because of heart and a name.

Radio - Thanks!

And that Heart is what makes ALL FOOTBALL games so much fun! Any team CAN beat any other team on any given night...it all boils down to hustle, heart and desire because it IS such an emotional and passionate game!

I LOVE the Fall because of FOOTBALL SEASON! http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/ubb/banana.gif

:banana:

Bath has had some great teams in the past and will again in the future. They took their lumps the last couple of years but had some impressive looking young players. These players are now reaping the rewards for their hard work and as I have said before they will be a team to be heard from. I wish them well except for Oct. 6th.