Week 5 McCreary at Knox Central

nikeman

This will be one of the toughest teams that the Raiders will face all year.

Knox likes to pound the ball at you, the Raiders have a much better run defense than in the past. The Raiders have some talent and it is starting too show, but I think that Knox Central might be just to much for the Raiders to handle again this year.

The Raiders have had some trouble holding on to the football against some of the stronger teams that they have played.

For the Raiders to have a chance at all, the giveaways have to be "0", the line has to play every down like it the first play of the game, the defense can only give up no more than 14 pts.

Once again the Raiders may still be a year or two away from giving Knox Central a run for their money.

What do you all think??

Knox Central 30

McCreary 16

In looking at their schedule, McCreary could very well finish the year at 5-5 or even 6-4, just the type of boost a building program needs before heading into a tough new district next year. Still, I like the Panther's chances in this one 30-7. Soph QB Corey Smith is growing into the job and has 5 TD passes in three games equalling the Panthers' season total of a year ago.

In looking at their schedule, McCreary could very well finish the year at 5-5 or even 6-4, just the type of boost a building program needs before heading into a tough new district next year. Still, I like the Panther's chances in this one 30-7. Soph QB Corey Smith is growing into the job and has 5 TD passes in three games equalling the Panthers' season total of a year ago.

As the local McCreary paper said.

"Oh, Hale Yeah!"

McCreary Junior QB Chris Hale threw for 5 touchdowns and over 230 yards... but that was against Berea. In all games, McCreary's run defense has been superb, but the offense has had too many fumbles this year. McCreary should be able to slow down the run and make Knox pass more. Then, McCreary has a chance at a few interceptions if Knox's passing game isn't good.

I think Knox will be a little too much for this young team of McCreary, but they will put up a fight. If the game was at McCreary, they might be able to pull an upset, but I doubt it on the road.

Knox: 35

McCreary: 12

I doubt McCreary will have a 7 point game. They really don't have a kicker on the team and usually try for the two-point conversion everytime. Therefore, I expect Knox's goal-line defense will stop the two-points.