Showcase at Dixie Saturday 12/3

Thanks. I was given the score from someone else.

The team from Chattanooga has a 6'6" freshman. Wow.

Ranked #1 girl in the 2020 class. Honestly she wasn't that impressive offensively (all put backs - not a lot of post moves). But she has the frame (not thin or big) and isn't stiff, so I can see how she has the ranking.

I wonder who decided which schools would be playing in this event and why more teams were not invited when this was set up. Seems to be only the teams with the same players we been hearing about on BGP. No Male, Butler, E-town,Franklin?

I would guess the tournament organizers invite the teams they want or that can come on that day. I would also say they invite the Kentucky teams that they know are local or that travel well for $ purposes. The out of state teams will not travel well as far as bringing fans because of the distance. At our event at Southwestern on the 26th Male brought 3 parents just a FYI. At the end of the day these events have to at least pay the bills to have it.

I would guess the tournament organizers invite the teams they want or that can come on that day. I would also say they invite the Kentucky teams that they know are local or that travel well for $ purposes. The out of state teams will not travel well as far as bringing fans because of the distance. At our event at Southwestern on the 26th Male brought 3 parents just a FYI. At the end of the day these events have to at least pay the bills to have it.

I agree...The organizers I thought did a good job of creating local interest with local/regional teams, a few out of town KY teams, and then to bring truly National talent teams/kids. In talking with Doug Pelphrey who helped organize it, they had a few teams drop out late that caused them to scramble the schedule some.

But for a 1st year event, I thought it was very well organized. I hope it continues and Mason County gets to continue to be a part of it (although we will have some growing pains after this year).

I agree...The organizers I thought did a good job of creating local interest with local/regional teams, a few out of town KY teams, and then to bring truly National talent teams/kids. In talking with Doug Pelphrey who helped organize it, they had a few teams drop out late that caused them to scramble the schedule some.

But for a 1st year event, I thought it was very well organized. I hope it continues and Mason County gets to continue to be a part of it (although we will have some growing pains after this year).

I agree they did a great job of bringing in incredible teams from Chicago, IN, and TN and managed the time well. Couple of local teams(HC?) had their chance to expose their players to big time coaches, but chose not to. Left Dixie to play a pair of games and they did really well!

I agree they did a great job of bringing in incredible teams from Chicago, IN, and TN and managed the time well. Couple of local teams(HC?) had their chance to expose their players to big time coaches, but chose not to. Left Dixie to play a pair of games and they did really well!

Why would they not play in it. Conflicts?