Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What would 5 classes look like?

Featured Replies

For any of you that have the numbers in front of you....

 

What would a 5 class system look like? (Equal number per class)

 

Then, what would a 5 class system with 32 in Class A & Class AAAAA, with even numbers in AA, AAA, AAAA look like?

Well, to begin with 2 of the fantastic match-ups we have this week would disappear. I am actually for 5 classes but there are consequences to everything and we would lose 2 great games this weekend.

There would be roughly 10 more schools in classes AA-AAAA than there currently are. So about 12-14 teams wouldn't make the playoffs in 2A through 4A and all the teams would continue to make the playoffs in A & 6A. If the KHSAA went to 5 classes I would like to see them split up as evenly as possible.

  • Author

I totally agree.

 

I just believe that football is different than other sports. Everybody makes the post season in basketball and baseball, but football is the only sport where you can take a PHYSICAL beating.

 

By going to 5 classes and making them equal, it eliminates the possible 0-10, 1-9 teams making the playoffs. At least teams would have to win two games in their district to make the playoffs. If they can win two games in their district, that probably means they would win a couple out-of-district games.

 

There will still be blow out games, the 49-0, 42-6... but that would be the final score, not the 1st quarter score.

There would be roughly 10 more schools in classes AA-AAAA than there currently are. So about 12-14 teams wouldn't make the playoffs in 2A through 4A and all the teams would continue to make the playoffs in A & 6A. If the KHSAA went to 5 classes I would like to see them split up as evenly as possible.

 

Agreed but ready to implement tomorrow.

There would be 44 teams in all classes except 1. I would fit the 45th team in 3A solely because it's the middle class. Therefore 12 teams in each class would not make the playoffs. At least one team from each district would not make it and 2 teams in half the districts would not make it either. It would eliminate all 0-10 teams from playoff contention and a lot of 1-9 teams. I'm all for it!

There would be 44 teams in all classes except 1. I would fit the 45th team in 3A solely because it's the middle class. Therefore 12 teams in each class would not make the playoffs. At least one team from each district would not make it and 2 teams in half the districts would not make it either. It would eliminate all 0-10 teams from playoff contention and a lot of 1-9 teams. I'm all for it!

 

I worked on something a while back with these exact same parameters. I've heard the KHSAA say geography makes five classes difficult and I tend to agree. Getting at least five teams in each district was harder than it appeared. I can't find the document I made (I think I deleted it) but it was frustrating.

I worked on something a while back with these exact same parameters. I've heard the KHSAA say geography makes five classes difficult and I tend to agree. Getting at least five teams in each district was harder than it appeared. I can't find the document I made (I think I deleted it) but it was frustrating.

 

I'm working on trying to draw it up now. May fall asleep first though.

@gchs_uk9 this is indeed a much more challenging task than it initially seemed. Splitting into 5 classes was easy but drawing district lines with 5 or 6 teams is not. Some districts are obvious and a lot are head scratchers.

  • Author

With some current district that have teams around 90 minutes apart, I am not sure it gets THAT much worse.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.