Fanduel and Draft Kings to merge

littleluck55

Daily fantasy powerhouses DraftKings, FanDuel agree to merge

DraftKings and FanDuel, the two largest daily fantasy sports operators, have agreed to merge, the companies announced Friday.

The merger, pending regulatory approval, is expected to close in the second half of 2017. Until then, both sites will continue to operate under their respective brand names.

Terms of the agreement were not disclosed, but sources close to the negotiations told ESPN that it is basically a 50/50 split between the two fantasy giants. Each company will have three seats on the board, with one independent director. At closing, DraftKings CEO Jason Robins will be the chief executive officer of the new company, while FanDuel CEO Nigel Eccles will become the chairman of the board.

I've never played on Draft Kings. Do they have the referral program like FanDuel does?

Yes. I can PM you my code if you want to give it a shot. I like DK because they have late swap (although it's football only, as they dropped it in basketball), PGA golf, and the way their lineups are built, you have more flexibility in putting your lineup together. They don't have as many single entry games, and I really am not a fan of the way the site is designed. I really only play a few times a month on DK, but I do like playing there for the most part.

Yes. I can PM you my code if you want to give it a shot. I like DK because they have late swap (although it's football only, as they dropped it in basketball), PGA golf, and the way their lineups are built, you have more flexibility in putting your lineup together. They don't have as many single entry games, and I really am not a fan of the way the site is designed. I really only play a few times a month on DK, but I do like playing there for the most part.

From those I trust the late swap will totally disappear. They weren't going to change it in the middle of the NFL but knowing they would be merging they axed it for hoops. It would be cool if they offered both a PPR and 1/2 PPR option. It will be interesting to see what they do as far as lineup structures as well.

From those I trust the late swap will totally disappear. They weren't going to change it in the middle of the NFL but knowing they would be merging they axed it for hoops. It would be cool if they offered both a PPR and 1/2 PPR option. It will be interesting to see what they do as far as lineup structures as well.

Makes sense. I'm a big fan of late swap in basketball. Without it, if you're not online right before locktime, there's a good chance you start a player that's being rested. It's why I don't play Spurs players often.