Estill at Bellevue

ESTILL FAN

Hoover Niece was a great coach!! He got the best out of what he had to work with. Not the case with the guy they have now.
From my stats, Hoover was just below even on the win/loss column. I can't think of any other place in the state that celebrates mediocracy like that. I am not blaming Hoover though. THey are still looking for a tradition to move in. I blame geography more than any coach or any kid.

What is wrong with the other guy? Other than having no talented upper classmen the last 2 years. those juniors and seniors now haven't won a football game since 6th grade at least. not an insult-it is a FACT.

Hoover Niece was a great coach!! He got the best out of what he had to work with. Not the case with the guy they have now.

:fight: Seems to me he has got the best out of teams in the past. 8-3 in 03 and 5-5 in 02, plus top rushing team in state. You seem to forget that and want to judge over the last couple of years. We have some young athletes in Estill and things will look up eventually.

From my stats, Hoover was just below even on the win/loss column. I can't think of any other place in the state that celebrates mediocracy like that. I am not blaming Hoover though. THey are still looking for a tradition to move in. I blame geography more than any coach or any kid.

What is wrong with the other guy? Other than having no talented upper classmen the last 2 years. those juniors and seniors now haven't won a football game since 6th grade at least. not an insult-it is a FACT.

This is not a fact. These seniors were a part of the 03 team that won 8 games. And Hoover deserves more respect than you want to give him. With the inconsistency of kids around here I think it was pretty good what he did. And don't say we celebrate mediocracy-because we don't. It hurts every time these kids lose a game. Our administration might celebrate mediocracy, but others in our football community don't.

This is not a fact. These seniors were a part of the 03 team that won 8 games. And Hoover deserves more respect than you want to give him. With the inconsistency of kids around here I think it was pretty good what he did. And don't say we celebrate mediocracy-because we don't. It hurts every time these kids lose a game. Our administration might celebrate mediocracy, but others in our football community don't.

RIGHT ON 1203. I guess if your not from around here and did'nt know HOOVER NIECE then you just missed out. He was more than a coach to his players, he was our mentor and leader even after we were out of school, never heard any body think he was mediocre around here, and Yes , we do know good football and OL' BOY it's on it's way back. I'm not 100% sure what his winning

percentage was but I'm certain it's way over .500 ,seems like I remember it being .689. If you want to Borderlard come on down here and discuss Hoovers stats with him, that would make his day.

Tall Trees what is your deal with Jones. He seems like he's a good coach to me, everyone except the ELITE powers in high school football have their ups and downs. So he's been down the last two years and maybe this year, you can say that about a lot of places. Even the 2a power Breathitt County has had some off years lately.