Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

7th Region Bracket

Featured Replies

Trinity (KY#3) v Ballard (KY#15)

Collegiate (KY#2) v St Francis (KY#120)

 

DuPont Manual (KY#5) v St X (KY#4)

CAL (KY#25) v Atherton ( KY#73)

 

First round games 10/17 at District winners (LC hosts at Assumption). Semis and finals at St X on 10/19 and 10/22.

 

Winner hosts Region 6 winner. Top teams in Region 6 include Butler (KY#37) and Fern Creek (KY#64).

 

Region 6/7 winner meets Region 9/12 winner in Lexington.

Edited by Sir!

  • Replies 37
  • Views 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My predictions:

 

Trinity over Ballard(5-2)

Collegiate of St Francis(10-0)

Manual over X (2-1)

CAL Atherton (4-1)

 

 

 

 

Trinity over Collegiate (2-1)

Manual over Cal (3-0)

 

 

TRINITY over Manual (3-0)

  • Author
My predictions:

 

Trinity over Ballard(5-2)

Collegiate of St Francis(10-0)

Manual over X (2-1)

CAL Atherton (4-1)

 

 

 

 

Trinity over Collegiate (2-1)

Manual over Cal (3-0)

 

 

TRINITY over Manual (3-0)

 

Your Trinity-Ballard game sounds like a barn-burner. Is Ballard really good for 2 goals against Trinity?

Your Trinity-Ballard game sounds like a barn-burner. Is Ballard really good for 2 goals against Trinity?

 

probably not. But I am seeing a 4-5 goal lead and the benches empty for Trinity. Ballard getting 1-2 late ones

  • Author
probably not. But I am seeing a 4-5 goal lead and the benches empty for Trinity. Ballard getting 1-2 late ones

 

I'm going to call it closer and say Trinity only beats Ballard 2-1. Three of Ballard's five losses came when Ezra Ness was out (including a 3-1 loss to Trinity). I think Ness is one of their top players.

I would say the Ballard-Trinity game will be close. Although it will be the first time this season Ballard has played on turf. Maybe they shock the 7th region. Trinity is tough and at home.

  • Author

Trinity got 20 or more players into every game but one so far with no losses and 3 ties. That's tremendous depth. How much (if at all) will Trinity shorten the bench during post-season?

Trinity got 20 or more players into every game but one so far with no losses and 3 ties. That's tremendous depth. How much (if at all) will Trinity shorten the bench during post-season?

Good question. I think they can turn it into a track meet and wear out teams that are not as deep. It is warm today and will be even hotter on the turf. It doesn't help a team that isn't deep or well conditioned. If Ballard has not played much on turf, that also will not be in their favor. I am not sure who will be on the 24 player roster today, but I don't see them using less than 20 players today.

Ballard has a number of skill athletic guys I think the turf can help Ballard.

I'm with wb on this one, Trinity wears down Ballard with their depth in the heat. 3-1.

I'm with wb on this one, Trinity wears down Ballard with their depth in the heat. 3-1.

 

Crazy that we are talking about heat being a factor in mid-October... did not see this coming.

I would much prefer that high school soccer operate on the "no re-ntry" per half concept. It emphasizes conditioning, a little more coaching strategy and perhaps a better form of soccer. By that I mean that teams would try to possess the ball and not keep playing long balls for a player to sprint on to.

 

I don not like the idea that a deeper team can just turn it into a track meet.

I would much prefer that high school soccer operate on the "no re-ntry" per half concept. It emphasizes conditioning, a little more coaching strategy and perhaps a better form of soccer. By that I mean that teams would try to possess the ball and not keep playing long balls for a player to sprint on to.

 

I don not like the idea that a deeper team can just turn it into a track meet.

I don't know about it for high school but I would certainly agree we should implement it for ALL leagues that want to call themselves anything other than rec.

 

My reason for high school is because it is about participation not trophies, at least that is what the PR says.

I would not move so fast to implement the no re-entry into "ALL leagues" other then rec. One can argue on one side of the coin it goes against development. Such as its hard to develop when you're sitting on the bench for 50 minutes of the 60 minute match. The no re-entry can keep kids on the bench a lot longer then when there is unlimited subs. This rule also prevents a coach from pulling a kid out to make a direct coaching point then put the kid back in after a few minutes.

Many are to quick to treat youth players as professional players, or HS age players as college players, they are not. A 15/16 year old kid is no where close in physical or mental development/maturity as a 19/20 year old collegiate player, yet I have heard many youth coaches say, "well they will be ask to do this when they play in college" to explain their reasoning behind some of their decisions when coaching 15/16 year olds. Coach and train 15/16 years olds like a they are 15/16 years old.

I would not move so fast to implement the no re-entry into "ALL leagues" other then rec. One can argue on one side of the coin it goes against development. Such as its hard to develop when you're sitting on the bench for 50 minutes of the 60 minute match. The no re-entry can keep kids on the bench a lot longer then when there is unlimited subs. This rule also prevents a coach from pulling a kid out to make a direct coaching point then put the kid back in after a few minutes.

Many are to quick to treat youth players as professional players, or HS age players as college players, they are not. A 15/16 year old kid is no where close in physical or mental development/maturity as a 19/20 year old collegiate player, yet I have heard many youth coaches say, "well they will be ask to do this when they play in college" to explain their reasoning behind some of their decisions when coaching 15/16 year olds. Coach and train 15/16 years olds like a they are 15/16 years old.

I understand where you are coming from but the rest of the world does it and we have yet to catch up to them.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.