Is Bumgarner the best playoff pitcher ever?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simple question: is Madison Bumgarner the best playoff pitcher of all time?

I assume you're talking starters only, and excluding Rivera. He's been unreal, but I think right now I would still give Smoltz the overall edge.

He backs it up. You don't like him talking, make him be quiet.

How can one like Puig and not him?

Whoa whoa.

Never said he couldn't back it up. He obviously has. However, it's prima donna-ish to yell "don't look at me." It doesn't matter who he says it to. If it was a one-time thing I'd just write it off as a bad night but it's not with him.

Whoa whoa.

Never said he couldn't back it up. He obviously has. However, it's prima donna-ish to yell "don't look at me." It doesn't matter who he says it to. If it was a one-time thing I'd just write it off as a bad night but it's not with him.

So I take it you dislike Muhammad Ali, Kobe Bryant, MJ, KG, LT, etc? They all yapped non-stop.

So I take it you dislike Muhammad Ali, Kobe Bryant, MJ, KG, LT, etc? They all yapped non-stop.

You're reading WAY too much into what I'm typing. Heck, I yapped when I played. I still yap a bit in the old men's league so it's not "yapping" or "trash talking." It's the arrogance of saying "Don't look at me." It's yelling at a batter who is mad after he popped up a pitch that he thought was one he could drive and saying "Get off the field - you're not good enough to be mad." That's not trash talking. That's being a punk. Yes, he can back it up. Still a punk.

You're reading WAY too much into what I'm typing. Heck, I yapped when I played. I still yap a bit in the old men's league so it's not "yapping" or "trash talking." It's the arrogance of saying "Don't look at me." It's yelling at a batter who is mad after he popped up a pitch that he thought was one he could drive and saying "Get off the field - you're not good enough to be mad." That's not trash talking. That's being a punk. Yes, he can back it up. Still a punk.

Not any different than what those guys did on a daily basis.

Ali didn't think anyone was worthy of standing in the ring with him, and he let them know it.

Jordan didn't think anyone was good enough to guard him and he let them know it.

This is different how.....It's not.

Not any different than what those guys did on a daily basis.

Ali didn't think anyone was worthy of standing in the ring with him, and he let them know it.

Jordan didn't think anyone was good enough to guard him and he let them know it.

This is different how.....It's not.

I will assume by your past posts detailing your lack of aggression that approach also bled over to the sports field where you probably never got into yapping/trash talking. Like a lot of things in life there's a fine line. In this particular case, many can't see the line. I'd argue (and without being critical of you) that you can't see the line so we are not going to agree.

I will assume by your past posts detailing your lack of aggression that approach also bled over to the sports field where you probably never got into yapping/trash talking. Like a lot of things in life there's a fine line. In this particular case, many can't see the line. I'd argue (and without being critical of you) that you can't see the line so we are not going to agree.

Right. :rolleyes: