Covington Building Collapse Injures Teacher and Chaperones

hoops5

Makes you wonder if years and years of trains rumbling through there at Pike and Russell slowly added to the deterioration of those old buildings. I can remember as a kid we would get under that overpass during storms and really feel the thunder of those trains going by overhead.

The story I've gotten was that they were replacing the roof - which would include roof tie-in to the masonry parapet that collapsed. The fact that they were conducting that kind of work on that old of a building and didn't see fit to put up any overhead scaffold at the sidewalk to protect pedestrians is ridiculously negligent.

The story I've gotten was that they were replacing the roof - which would include roof tie-in to the masonry parapet that collapsed. The fact that they were conducting that kind of work on that old of a building and didn't see fit to put up any overhead scaffold at the sidewalk to protect pedestrians is ridiculously negligent.

Someone is going to be getting paid quite handsomely.

Heard that there was no caution tape or signs discouraging pedestrians from walking there.

2 mothers still in ICU. One was severely injured and will have surgery tomorrow.

Valerie McNamara is still in ICU suffering from a spinal cord injury, severe head trauma and multiple fractures from head to toe. Please help us help Valerie McNamara and her family.

The Bishop attended the all school Mass on Friday and spoke to the 8th graders and the entire school. He expressed that he was so proud of each of them and how despite this horrific freak accident that they witnessed, they are coming together in prayer they are all supporting each other.

Please pray that someday Valerie WILL walk again.

• 2 months later...

If you see people lined up on 237 in Hebron tomorrow around 3:30, holding up signs, that would be Valerie McNamara's welcoming committee. After several weeks in rehabilitation in Louisville, Valerie is coming home! She still has a long road ahead and the family needs lots of support. But for now, the IHM community is celebrating that she will be home with her husband and children.