Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is there a Difference in Reaction?

Featured Replies

I don't know if I'm stirring a pot or not here but after these recent shootings we seem to get into the same debates over and again.

 

IF he followed instruction he would be alive. The police officer sensed a threat and took him down.

 

Last winter an outspoken critic who helped hold a wildlife reserve hostage out west drove through a road block, refused to exit a vehicle until shots were fired, and then when he did he made movements that made officers fear he was wielding a gun.

 

But I'm trying to recall the dialogue on here and who thought one was a justified shoot and the other was not? Are they the same type of events?

 

I'm not trying to gauge the looting/protesting responses. I'm looking at the BGP response meter if you will.

 

I've been wondering myself about my own reactions. Any thoughts? Or am I just being obtuse and confusing?

Most who feel the Tulsa guy got what he deserved were in support of the rancher that was killed if I recall correctly.

The rancher was an idiot and what happened to him was his fault and his alone. He also put in danger other family members and a teenage girl, I believe it was a granddaughter.

 

Now, I think some of the controversy was also about the car being fired into when there was seemingly no threat from anyone inside it (I believe the rancher had already exited the vehicle), and I believe the young girl was wounded.

Finchum(sp) never got to his gun, they never gave him a chance to. I'm guessing he would have used it had he got his hand on it.

 

"Most" I'm not most please put the brush away.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.