Is there a Difference in Reaction?

Hatz

I don't know if I'm stirring a pot or not here but after these recent shootings we seem to get into the same debates over and again.

IF he followed instruction he would be alive. The police officer sensed a threat and took him down.

Last winter an outspoken critic who helped hold a wildlife reserve hostage out west drove through a road block, refused to exit a vehicle until shots were fired, and then when he did he made movements that made officers fear he was wielding a gun.

But I'm trying to recall the dialogue on here and who thought one was a justified shoot and the other was not? Are they the same type of events?

I'm not trying to gauge the looting/protesting responses. I'm looking at the BGP response meter if you will.

I've been wondering myself about my own reactions. Any thoughts? Or am I just being obtuse and confusing?

The rancher was an idiot and what happened to him was his fault and his alone. He also put in danger other family members and a teenage girl, I believe it was a granddaughter.

Now, I think some of the controversy was also about the car being fired into when there was seemingly no threat from anyone inside it (I believe the rancher had already exited the vehicle), and I believe the young girl was wounded.