Highlands 16 Simon Kenton 0 (Frosh)

WhoozYoDaddy

I don't know if this is an actual agreeance or a subtle dig, so I'll clarify. You find out who your studs are for the upcoming years, but many of the kids grow differently and kids who play a lot now, may not play very much the next 3 years and vice versa.

Also kids transferring schools for multiple reasons(moving/divorce/etc). Example...I have a feeling letting Matt Shearer walk out the door to go to SK will cause HHS fits for a few years to come. We had SK's number this year but they got us last year at home. I have a feeling both schools will be just fine.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also kids transferring schools for multiple reasons(moving/divorce/etc). Example...I have a feeling letting Matt Shearer walk out the door to go to SK will cause HHS fits for a few years to come. We had SK's number this year but they got us last year at home. I have a feeling both schools will be just fine.

"letting" him walk out the door to go to SK? Like the team made the choice for a kid to go to another school?

HHS played their best team game of the season against SK. Offensively relied on the pass early and got the running game going late.

Hollingsworth completed passes to 6 different receivers. Huddleston is really good at adjusting to the ball in the air. He has really good strong hands. Bowling ran the ball well late.

HHS defense played well. A couple of interceptions and several tackles for loss. Nice game by the front 8 - Webster and others played well at LB. Nice job by this group stepping up in the absence of Schwalbach (dislocated elbow) and McGuire (knee) due to injury.

SK does full 2 platoon. They are big on both lines. They have nice players. The program is in good shape with this group moving forward.

"letting" him walk out the door to go to SK? Like the team made the choice for a kid to go to another school?

My apologies, I was just trying to add that transfers for many different reasons happen as well. I'm guessing you don't know that story. Not my laundry to air, but using the word "Letting" was the proper word to use IMO.

Anyway, good luck to SK next week they should get a couple of kids back and it will be needed against a solid Cov Cath team.

Birds have a bye next week before we take on Cov Cath next too.

It is good seeing all the kids getting Involed in the offense. Last week was the same as this week in regards to getting a lot of different people Involed. We just need to finish drives. We move the ball great down the field now we to sick in the end zone.

Also anyonce else see that we kicked 2 PATS this week.

What's crazy is NCC locked down all the freshman last week by playing them in a varsity game last Friday. Now is that crazy or just smart coaching. With doing that if a kid wants to go play somewhere else they would have to sit out for a year. The freshman are using a running back as Qb now cause the 1&2 guys are hurt so they have no true freshman Qb.