Bowling Green vs. 4A Warren Central Predictions

JDEaston

Who Wins?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Bowling Green
    • Warren Central

Okay, so it's not so much of a prediction thread as it is a discussion thread but I will include a poll anyway. It's a shame that Warren Central is having such a rough time recently as from what I understand this used to be a huge rivalry. Lets try and keep the discussion positive for both teams and hopefully both teams make it out of this one injury free.

Okay, so it's not so much of a prediction thread as it is a discussion thread but I will include a poll anyway. It's a shame that Warren Central is having such a rough time recently as from what I understand this used to be a huge rivalry. Lets try and keep the discussion positive for both teams and hopefully both teams make it out of this one injury free.

When I was in High School no other game mattered anywhere close to the Central game. We would have pep rally's on Friday and since Central got out of school before we did, they would be waiting and cruising around BGHS and we would drive around throwing water balloons at each other, yelling and other harmless kid stuff (no guns or foolishness like that just good clean fun!).

Games were always in question back then. Both schools had great team spirit! Both schools wanted to win and gave great effort. Sometimes we would win and sometimes they would and so it went back in the day!

Hate how it has turned out for the Dragons, but REALLY admire their grit to keep fighting.

Most Purples fans believe that had BG not had the great run back in 11, 12 and 13 that Warren Central and John Hardin would have had epic battles to determine who would have won the state championships in those years as most of those years those 2 were only defeated by BG. Onward!

Sadly, when this game ends in the lopsided BG win it is destined to be, Warren Central will be in the midst of:

-Their longest home losing streak since 1982 (5 in a row, and will have won only 1 of last 9 games at home)

-Their longest overall losing streak since 1982 (8 straight, which will exceed the 7 game losing streak in 1995, and equal the 8 game losing streak in 1982)

-Their longest losing streak to Bowling Green ever (8 straight, equaling the 8 straight they lost to Bowling Green from 1994-2000)

If Central does not manage to beat Warren East on October 14th - and it appears quite unlikely that they will - they'll not only set a record for their longest losing streak in program history, but they'll probably enter the next year on a 14 game losing streak. Fun times.

The Purples have won 22 of the last 26 in the series, and this will make it 23 of 27.

Sorry JD, couldn't keep it positive. :lol2:

I'm not really all that doom and gloom, I'm just numb. And those stats, depressing as they might be, are historic, and I'm all about the history. The home losing streak is the only mark they won't (because they can't) set in this season. They'll end the year with 8 straight home losses, just one shy of the record set between 1981 and 1982. Ironically, that home losing streak was snapped in a win over Bowling Green, 35-14 on October 29th, 1982. How strange was 1982? Central went 2-8, and only beat Warren East and Bowling Green. Bowling Green went 2-9. It was a weird year.

Oh, two more that will boggle the mind:

-Warren Central has scored 8 points in the first half of their last 8 games combined. Two of those points were off a safety, so they have scored 6 offensive points in 16 quarters of first half football.

-Central has gone nine straight games with zero first quarter points, and ten of the last 11 they have ended the first 12 minutes with a goose egg. Those nine straight games with nothing in the first quarter are a WCHS record, surpassing the eight straight such games in, you guessed it, 1982.

Thanks for some of the history between these two @Purple88 and @DragonFire. I think we all know what the outcome of this game will be, so some history and tidbits from the fans that remember the rivalry as it was is a great addition to the thread. I don't know what Warren Central needs to do, or can do, to solve their issues, but I wish them the best.

We all wish them the best. I moved to Bowling Green over 30 years ago and have not missed a Bowling Green vs Warren Central game since I got here. Coming from Whitley County, football was not a big sport. I was amazed at the difference in high school football. It was on a different level and those Central vs BG games were usually epic. I hope Central can turn it around sooner than later. You hate to lose a rivalry like that.

Might come to the point if things continue as they are that Warren Central might have to end the rivalry and stop playing BG on football for a while, or even permanently if things don't change. I also see Warren Central even deciding to not play Greenwood or South Warren for a while while the situation stabilizes at Warren Central.

Might come to the point if things continue as they are that Warren Central might have to end the rivalry and stop playing BG on football for a while, or even permanently if things don't change. I also see Warren Central even deciding to not play Greenwood or South Warren for a while while the situation stabilizes at Warren Central.

As far as I'm concerned, Central should drop South Warren like a bad habit immediately. I don't think they are going to, which is a shame, but I would. South would not schedule Central for those years they weren't confident they could win, I see no reason to treat them differently. But that's just me. That matchup lacks the history of a Bowling Green, or even a Greenwood.