4A #8 Rockcastle County at 5A #9 Pulaski County Predictions

RoCkMaN28

Who Wins  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins

• Rockcastle County
    • Pulaski County

Rock now 3-0 on the season coming off a dominate and solid win against Garrad County last week will travel down 461 to take on the Maroons of Pulaski county who is 2-1 coming off a dominating win over Russell county who wins this matchup and knotches a signature win for their program?

After seeing what Rock did to Garrard last Friday night,I have to say I am very impressed with the Rockets. Pulaski is not Pulaski of years past. Although, they are very good, I look for Rock to win this game with their defense!

Rock 28

Pulaski 25

This will be a huge test for Pulaski. While Pulaski isn't as good as in recent years, they are playing at home so I'd have to give them a slight edge over what appears to be a really good Rockcastle team.

Could a mod please add a poll to this one?

Let's take a ranking comparison between all known website's between the two teams. Based on rankings this should be a great match up.

Bluegrasspreps:

Rockcastle #8 4A top Ten

Pulaski #9 5A top Ten

Bluegrass Rivals has Rockcastle tied #7 and Pulaski isnt ranked in top 10 5A poll.

Max Preps

Rockcastle #5 4A top Ten

Pulaski #7 5A top Ten

Max Preps Overall State Rankings

Rockcastle- #34

Pulaski- #38

Lets compare team stats between the two:

Rockcastle has played 3 games, Bourbon, South Laurel and Garrad County. In my opinion this would be two slightly below average teams and one average to slightly above average team in Garrad County. Rockcastle comes into this week 3-0 for the first time since 2011. Rockcastle has scored 127 points this season and given up 41 points. This is an average of score 42-14 (+28). Rockcastle has 729 rushing yards and 273 passing yards for 1002 total yards of offense. This is 334 yards per game. Rockcastle has given up 122 rushing yards and 238 passing yards for a total of 360 yards. The defense allows 120 total yards in 3 games. Rockcastle defense has 4 interceptions and 2 fumble recoveries for a total of 6 turnovers or 2 per game average.

Pulaski has played 3 games Harlan,Scott county and Russell county. If you break it down they have played one average to slighlty above average team one below average and one great team. They have beaten the above average and below average but lost to a great scott county team. They have scored 93 points and given up 70 in those 3 games. That's an average score of 31 to 23 in the favor of the maroons (+8). Pulaski county has accumulated 504 rushing yards and 322 passing yards for a total of 826 yards of total offense. This is a solid 275 yards per game. Their defense has given up 509 rushing yards and 333 passing yards for 842 total yards which is 280 yards per game. Pulaski star player Jake Johnson has 25 receptions for 199 yards and 2 touchdowns and also has 5 carries for 63 yards and 1 touchdown. Pulaski county's defense has been responsible for 4 interceptions and 5 fumble recovers for a total of 9 turnovers or 3 per game average.

On paper this makes for an exceptional matchup this coming friday! Should be a low scoring, hard hitting game between the two. Defense's should be on full display and who ever can win the turnover battle will likely come out on top.

All I can say is: Is it Friday Yet?

Final Score Prediction

Rock 26

PC 21

Lets compare team stats between the two:

Rockcastle has played 3 games, Bourbon, South Laurel and Garrad County. In my opinion this would be two slightly below average teams and one average to slightly above average team in Garrad County. Rockcastle comes into this week 3-0 for the first time since 2011. Rockcastle has scored 127 points this season and given up 41 points. This is an average of score 42-14 (+28). Rockcastle has 729 rushing yards and 273 passing yards for 1002 total yards of offense. This is 334 yards per game. Rockcastle has given up 122 rushing yards and 238 passing yards for a total of 360 yards. The defense allows 120 total yards in 3 games. Rockcastle defense has 4 interceptions and 2 fumble recoveries for a total of 6 turnovers or 2 per game average.

Pulaski has played 3 games Harlan,Scott county and Russell county. If you break it down they have played one average to slighlty above average team one below average and one great team. They have beaten the above average and below average but lost to a great scott county team. They have scored 93 points and given up 70 in those 3 games. That's an average score of 31 to 23 in the favor of the maroons (+8). Pulaski county has accumulated 504 rushing yards and 322 passing yards for a total of 826 yards of total offense. This is a solid 275 yards per game. Their defense has given up 509 rushing yards and 333 passing yards for 842 total yards which is 280 yards per game. Pulaski star player Jake Johnson has 25 receptions for 199 yards and 2 touchdowns and also has 5 carries for 63 yards and 1 touchdown. Pulaski county's defense has been responsible for 4 interceptions and 5 fumble recovers for a total of 9 turnovers or 3 per game average.

On paper this makes for an exceptional matchup this coming friday! Should be a low scoring, hard hitting game between the two. Defense's should be on full display and who ever can win the turnover battle will likely come out on top.

All I can say is: Is it Friday Yet?

Final Score Prediction

Rock 26

PC 21

Great Breakdown Rock!

I would lean Rockcastle in this game, but just slightly.

Just for fun I pulled the last time Rockcastle beat Pulaski county that was back in 2011. September 16th 2011 5 years to the date! Kinda eerie lol anyways final score of that game was rock 34 pc 13. That was game 4 just like it is this year. Stats for each team leading up to the game are eerie similar as well. PC had 822 rushing yards and 320 passing yards for a total of 1142 yards or 380 per game. There defense allowed 576 rushing yards and 335 passing yards for a total of 911 or 303 yards per game. (See above for current years stats for comparison.)

Rockcastle stats for the first three games in 2011 are really identical to this years. Rock rushing yards for first three games 978 and 173 passing for total of 1151 or 383 per game. Defense allowed 235 rushing yards and 131 passing yards for 122 yards per game and averaged 2 turnovers per game. (See post above for current year stats)

Here is hoping for similar outcome this year! Only 45 hours and counting until we know the new outcome!! Let's go rock!

I am very excited for this particular game. Every bit of the discussion has been split right down the middle everywhere and to everyone I've talked to about it. One thing I have learned in high school football though is that games like this one are rarely close in the end. For some reason it seems like when Rockcastle has a good team and someone else has a good team if Rock loses it is because they lose by two TDs or more.

Therefore I believe these are my two score predictions:

IF ROCK WINS

Rock 22

PC 14

IF ROCK LOSES

PC 35

Rock 13

I will stick with the Rock winning score as my official prediction.