We'll Never Forget

Watusi

In the days and weeks and months following 9/11 I can remember the pride I had for our country, the sadness for the victims and their families, the incredible mixture of emotions for the first responders, both at the scene of the attacks and the ones who came later to help with the recovery efforts. I remember the hatred that grew inside of me for the radical Islamic terrorists who had caused all the pain. I can't believe it has been 15 years, and all of those emotions are still there, but I have to admit, they have faded some in my memory.

I remember, of all things, the Budweiser TV ad that aired only once during the Super Bowl in 2002 that really got to me. The Clydesdales travelled to NYC and all of them bowed towards the city, as if to offer condolences. The slogan at the end "We'll Never Forget".

Have we forgotten? Sadly I we have to a large degree.

I found the commercial. Does anyone else remember seeing it during the SB, and being caught off guard by it? I wasn't expecting it at the time, because SB commercials are supposed to be funny and off beat. That played and it was total silence and a few of us had wet eyes.

I remember the commercial. It seems like I knew that there would be a special Budweiser tribute commercial at the time but didn't know exactly what it would be. I tear up every time I see it, as it always pops up on social media this time of year. I just watched it about 30 minutes ago and sure enough...it was hard to see the ending.

I found the commercial. Does anyone else remember seeing it during the SB, and being caught off guard by it? I wasn't expecting it at the time, because SB commercials are supposed to be funny and off beat. That played and it was total silence and a few of us had wet eyes.

About as powerful a commercial as has ever been aired.