Bowling Green 47 Owensboro 0

Purple Nation

Final.

Purples come out of gate a bit slow and flat but go into the half up 28-0.

Four minutes into 3rd quarter they earn a running clock. Defense played well. Offense held to about 100 yards rushing but had over 300 yards passing.

Next few weeks the Purples will have to fight to get better as their schedule difficulty softens a great deal. Hoping for no injuries and the young Purple players get some gridiron time. More running clocks in future. This really could be Purples best team ever. Some may disagree but they are simply loaded.

Again, Im predicting 9 regular season running clocks and 5 post season running clocks. They are that good!

Clark Payne was 16-25-1, 334 yards, 2 TD. Jamale Carothers 66 yds rushing, 80 yds rec, 3 TD, in 3 qts of work. 5 different recievers had +50 yards. Deangelo Wilson had 5 rec 95 yds, Luke Brown 3-81, Carothers 3-80, Nash Hightower 4-61, Ziyon Kenner 3-50....BGHS did commit their first turnover of the year and missed a FG

The only thing I'm having trouble is deciding if this is the best BG team I've watched or not.. I'm not trying to sound arrogant, but they are really that good!! Also, we may be witnesses in watching one of the best athletes to come through Bowling Green in Vito Tisdale. The kid is amazing to watch.. Makes it hard to believe he's a freshman. I would be surprised if the kid didn't have some offers by the end of the season.

The only thing I'm having trouble is deciding if this is the best BG team I've watched or not.. I'm not trying to sound arrogant, but they are really that good!! Also, we may be witnesses in watching one of the best athletes to come through Bowling Green in Vito Tisdale. The kid is amazing to watch.. Makes it hard to believe he's a freshman. I would be surprised if the kid didn't have some offers by the end of the season.

With Tisdale, is age going to be an issue by his senior year? I heard he's going to be too old to play by his senior year.

As for BG, the machine is rolling. Well coached, depth at every position. I'm envious because I honestly believe OHS could be at that level if a few things change.