Cooper 3 St Henry 3

The problem is there were about 10 t0 15 players between him and the goal so it would have been hard but not impossible for him to score without someone getting to him. That's why i think he may have over exaggerated the fall. Here is a rules question. I have been to games where a ref will call a foul in the box and only reward a free kick not a PK. What is the difference in contact in those cases verses the ones that are given PK's. This is a serious question because when i see that I'm confused.

I have tried to add some humor to this thread, although most comments may have been a little off the wall. I will admit that the bolded portion tops anything I have attempted. You are actually claiming that about half the players on the field were between him and the goal??? I'm going to have to go back and count, I think we could set the over/under at about 6.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think there were more than 6. I think is was closer to 10 than 6. The whole incident happened after the ball rolled around in front of the goal and a St. Henry player missed at clearing it and by that time I do believe there were more than just the back line and a couple Cooper players. Really doesn't matter. My point was that he wouldn't have just tapped into the goal so yes he could have had a thought to go down and try and get a penalty. To say that these players don't think that is crazy. I see that at U12 club ball.You see it at the professional level all the time and most kids emulate what they see anymore. In the end it was a good game. Congratulations to both teams.

I have tried to add some humor to this thread, although most comments may have been a little off the wall. I will admit that the bolded portion tops anything I have attempted. You are actually claiming that about half the players on the field were between him and the goal??? I'm going to have to go back and count, I think we could set the over/under at about 6.

Does the over/under include the St Henry keeper? If yes, put me down for an even 7, if keeper is not included in the final count put me down for under 6.

Can't wait to see the video or still photo to once and for all set the record straight.

Where do I collect? Does the "house" win on 7?

• 2 weeks later...
Its been almost two weeks, anyone ever come up with a video or still shot to prove how many players were in the box, between ASnow and the St Henry keeper?

I've been trying to collect my winnings but my…won't pay up until I have visual proof.

Above is the link to a video of the play. Looks to me that there is contact made but Snow probably could've stayed up. A very wet field could've been a factor in the loss of footing on the second step, but it is really just a guessing game for all of us on here. Regardless, "10-15 players" between Snow and the goal is excessive, I would say gameplayedright should be collecting his money soon...

Above is the link to a video of the play. Looks to me that there is contact made but Snow probably could've stayed up. A very wet field could've been a factor in the loss of footing on the second step, but it is really just a guessing game for all of us on here. Regardless, "10-15 players" between Snow and the goal is excessive, I would say gameplayedright should be collecting his money soon...

Were people really questioning if that was a PK?

NO question, NO debate that is a foul, PK all the way. I watched the video 6-7 times and I count 5 St Henry field players and their keeper in the box (in the area, within 12 yards of ASnow). St Henry #18 is outside the box behind ASnow, out of the play.

And for you that said some of the following, come on man, lets be real on here. Can we at least be somewhat accurate on these game descriptions? It should be well known by now almost everything is caught on video.

"I still think there were more than 6. I think is was closer to 10 than 6."

"The problem is there were about 10 t0 15 players between him and the goal so it would have been hard but not impossible for him to score without someone getting to him."

"From my vantage point, the first PK awarded to Snow came out of nowhere. Snow was turned the other direction and running out of the box to go for the ball. He stumbled and fell just inside the box and a PK was awarded."

Ridiculousness

Got to run, I have a some cash to pick up!

Have you ever seen ASnow play before? Saying its "hard for him to score", especially against St Henry (see last yrs Regional contest) or maybe talk with Campbell Co HS fans. These two previous games from the 2015 season may provide more insight into what I'm talking about.

GPR, Love it! Ask Scott about ASnow dropping 5 in the net shortly into the second half. His vertical abilities to get to everything are ridiculously entertaining to watch.

I VuVu 4 U, I think when St Henry fan wrote "hard for him (ASnow) to score", they thought there were "closer to 10" (between him and the goal) "10 to 15 players between him and the goal", and "he stubbled and fell". Of course video never lies, only shows what the camera captured.

Hands down ASnow is one of the best under18 players I have ever seen in the air, fantastic!