Cooper 3 St Henry 3

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW! Sitting here at work following along, thanks for the updates YC. So at 10:11 PM you wrote St Henry up 3-1, where did it go so wrong for St Henry, so right for Cooper?

Good result for Cooper, St Henry must really feel like they let another one (see NCC game) slip away. This has to give Cooper confidence going into their all important district match up Vs Ryle on 9/15.

Same ref at both Cooper and NCC game.

Congrats to Cooper on a well played game. Love me some Adam Snow.

Just going to wallow in my sour grapes that goes great with my whine and cheese. Would disect the game with all the other BGP folks---but let's face it, tough crowd here in the BGP soccer forum.

Tough day for the Crusaders as today was the funeral for the father of one of the players.

Loved the Cru faithful sporting the Patriotic RWB.

Edited by hoops5

WOW! Sitting here at work following along, thanks for the updates YC. So at 10:11 PM you wrote St Henry up 3-1, where did it go so wrong for St Henry, so right for Cooper?

Good result for Cooper, St Henry must really feel like they let another one (see NCC game) slip away. This has to give Cooper confidence going into their all important district match up Vs Ryle on 9/15.

The third goal for St Henry was a well taken PK and it felt like it would seal the deal, I think there was only about 15 minutes left in the match.

I am not sure that it is fair to say that things went so wrong for St Henry. I think their back line played very well tonight and turned away several balls that were intended for Snow. With about 7 minutes left there was one that made it past their back line and from there it was a race to the ball and once gathered in Snow slid it past the goalie.

The last goal came off of a free kick from midfield. Cornforth launched the ball into the box and Proffitt was able direct it into the net.

And...?

Why not dissect the game either? Who cares if people disagree?

Ok--why not? From my vantage point, the first PK awarded to Snow came out of nowhere. Snow was turned the other direction and running out of the box to go for the ball. He stumbled and fell just inside the box and a PK was awarded.

Ok--why not? From my vantage point, the first PK awarded to Snow came out of nowhere. Snow was turned the other direction and running out of the box to go for the ball. He stumbled and fell just inside the box and a PK was awarded.

Looking for a little clarification, was ASnow awarded 2 PKs or were Cooper and St Henry each awarded one PK each?

From the sounds of things, according to St Henry fan, one referee

("Same ref at both Copper and NCC game") must have it in for St Henry?

So was last night's 3-3 tie a fair result or skewed by the center ref?

Either way I don't see how anyone can blame the ref when you give up the tying goal with 23 seconds left in the game.

On the Snow PK in first half both players were going for the ball and Snow took a couple steps away from the St. Henry player and took a really nice dive. I seen players get hit all game worse than that. From what i seen he was laid straight out above the ground like he was diving for a fly ball (just to give a visual). Where the players banging yes, but do i think it was worth a PK. Not in my eyes. Don't know anything about the center. I think it shouldn't have been called in ths case in the box.

I am going to go the dissect route and based on your previous comments, we are probably going to disagree.

Your first comment about the PK came out of nowhere is not something I really understand, I'm guessing that you are saying it was not deserved.... not really sure if that is what you mean or not. Wondering if it is tied to your earlier comment about the center ref also being the one for the match against NCC.

As for... "Snow was turned the other direction and running out of the box to go for the ball". If I was not there, and reading your description, I would think that the ball was actually outside of the 18 and he was running to get it. Other than where you say this play occurred, and if there was contact, our accounts are not too different. This play started by Snow getting around the left back, taking the ball to the end line and crossing it back towards the six. The ball bounced off a couple of players from both sides and possibly the goalie, the ball then bounced away from the goal. Snow had continued his run along the end line and so did the player defending him, they both turned and went after the loose ball, I cannot say exactly where the ball was when he got to it but I will say it was definitely in the box. I am going to go as far to say, I think it was closer to the six than the top of the eighteen, my point is, he was definitely well within the box, so was the defender, and so was the ball.

For two reasons, the part about stumbling and fell just inside the box, seems way off to me. 1.) Saying he stumbled makes it sound like he just fell on his own, I think there was definitely contact.... how much is debatable. 2.) Let's just say Snow was actually running out of the box to go for the ball. If this was true, wouldn't you also be saying that the ball was outside of the box?

On the Snow PK in first half both players were going for the ball and Snow took a couple steps away from the St. Henry player and took a really nice dive. I seen players get hit all game worse than that. From what i seen he was laid straight out above the ground like he was diving for a fly ball (just to give a visual). Where the players banging yes, but do i think it was worth a PK. Not in my eyes. Don't know anything about the center. I think it shouldn't have been called in ths case in the box.

Just to give another visual... getting hit in the foot from behind, while you are running, could also cause a person to be laid straight out above the ground like he was diving for a fly ball.

I agree completely that both players were banging, to say that Snow took a couple steps away from the St. Henry player and took a really nice dive, is a very interesting take on it. Are you saying that this was after they were banging and he just separated himself from the defender and then laid out?

In my opinion I thought he did separate himself then went down. I didn't feel he went down because of the contact. Felt like I was watching a BPL game.:lol2: It's only my option which really means nothing as far as the game goes. I'm sure others saw it differently. I'm by no means a ref or coach so others know more than I.