Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Another Kap Thread - ESPN Crime

Featured Replies

One of the most-discussed moments of Week One of the NFL season will be the national anthem before the Monday night 49ers-Rams game, when Colin Kaepernick is expected to continue his protest and remain seated while other players are standing. But that moment won’t be televised.

 

ESPN told Richard Deitsch of Sports Illustrated that it normally does not show the national anthem for the late game of the Week One Monday Night Football doubleheader and won’t show it this year either.

 

That decision is a mistake. Just because the national anthem isn’t ordinarily shown doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be shown when there are extenuating circumstances, and in this case there are certainly extenuating circumstances. Telling the story of that game will include showing Kaepernick, showing the other players, and covering any reaction Kaepernick gets from the fans, positive or negative.

 

Kaepernick’s stance has thrust the national anthem into the national news. ESPN should allow viewers to see that news being made.

 

ESPN won’t show national anthem before 49ers game | ProFootballTalk

  • Replies 30
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

Biggest NFL story going and ESPN says thanks but no thanks.

Biggest NFL story going and ESPN says thanks but no thanks.

 

Weird considering their latest sensational ways to draw in viewers. I'm pretty sure we'll hear at least one of the commentator's take on the issue.

  • Author
Weird considering their latest sensational ways to draw in viewers. I'm pretty sure we'll hear at least one of the commentator's take on the issue.

 

Exactly, you know it is going to come up so why not show us exactly what happened instead of ESPN creating more drama in their own broadcast by withholding the good stuff.

 

I really hate that ESPN is a part of the NFL, I wish the NFL would divorce ESPN.

Exactly, you know it is going to come up so why not show us exactly what happened instead of ESPN creating more drama in their own broadcast by withholding the good stuff.

 

I really hate that ESPN is a part of the NFL, I wish the NFL would divorce ESPN.

 

That and Roger Goodell. Need to get away from both, but it isn't happening any time soon.

Exactly, you know it is going to come up so why not show us exactly what happened instead of ESPN creating more drama in their own broadcast by withholding the good stuff.

 

I really hate that ESPN is a part of the NFL, I wish the NFL would divorce ESPN.

 

With all of the new platforms available on television now I expect that divorce to happen after the current contract ends. Cable and satellite companies will be old news in 5-10 years.

  • Author
That and Roger Goodell. Need to get away from both, but it isn't happening any time soon.

 

The Kingdom!

Biggest NFL story going and ESPN says thanks but no thanks.

 

They will have a camera on him. Guaranteed. There will be tons of cameras on Kap if he is on the sidelines Monday night.

  • Author
With all of the new platforms available on television now I expect that divorce to happen after the current contract ends. Cable and satellite companies will be old news in 5-10 years.

 

No kidding, by then BGP will be streaming UK games because the price was right.

With all of the new platforms available on television now I expect that divorce to happen after the current contract ends. Cable and satellite companies will be old news in 5-10 years.

 

I think that's 2020. First & Last had Ramon Foster, Steelers Player Rep, on last week. He basically said a strike is coming and both sides are already gearing up for it. The NFL has already started hiring lawyers that specialize in labor strikes according to him.

  • Author
They will have a camera on him. Guaranteed. There will be tons of cameras on Kap if he is on the sidelines Monday night.

 

That's right, so they can blast us with commentary instead of showing it, addressing it, and moving on.

  • Author
I think that's 2020. First & Last had Ramon Foster, Steelers Player Rep, on last week. He basically said a strike is coming and both sides are already gearing up for it. The NFL has already started hiring lawyers that specialize in labor strikes according to him.

 

The players definitely need to strike. The current deal is lopsided in favor of the owners/NFL.

If ESPN were to change course and show the national anthem, including Kap sitting, wouldn't that elevate his platform and amplify its effect?

 

It seems to me that Kap's detractors ought to be glad of ESPN's decision not to indulge him.

 

With that said, ESPN has been running this thing on a loop and I don't think whether they show the anthem, and Kap, live or not will stop them from continuing on that Monday night.

  • Author
If ESPN were to change course and show the national anthem, including Kap sitting, wouldn't that elevate his platform and amplify its effect?

 

It seems to me that Kap's detractors ought to be glad of ESPN's decision not to indulge him.

 

With that said, ESPN has been running this thing on a loop and I don't think whether they show the anthem, and Kap, live or not will stop them from continuing on that Monday night.

 

I don't know about anyone else but I am not paying attention to him as far as the issue is concerned. Wrong guy, wrong place, wrong time...

 

What I am interested in is how he plays and if he gets cut. And if he gets cut does he blaming getting cut on...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.