Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Russell 33 Greenup 6

Featured Replies

Good opener Red Devils. :dancingpa

Don't tell me - let me guess:

 

Clark had 6 carries in the first half, gained 225 yards, 4 TD's, and didn't get on the field in the second half...

 

 

Give me some stats.

 

 

Frances

  • Author
Don't tell me - let me guess:

 

Clark had 6 carries in the first half, gained 225 yards, 4 TD's, and didn't get on the field in the second half...

 

 

Give me some stats.

 

 

Frances

 

No he played more than that. I was at the game and I'm not sure how many TD's he got but he played well. Our stat guys will be around in a bit.

Listened on radio for awhile , wasn't even a scrimmage for Devils .... Switched to Ashland and Belfry ... Sloppy but very entertaining even on the radio ...

 

Looking forward to Devils and Tomcats .. this will be only measuring stick for Devils all the way to the playoffs ...

No he played more than that. I was at the game and I'm not sure how many TD's he got but he played well. Our stat guys will be around in a bit.

I was thinking 2 tds I might be wrong but thats what I was thinking.

He caught one pass that looked to be a 30 or 40 yard pass for a td and had a rushing td. Nick lewis had a td also and one of the younger guys and Tyler Jones had one.

Number 32 I believe scored the Red Devils final td.

 

I am also pretty sure that Clark scored one through the air and one on the

ground. The Russell o-line was pretty impressive tonight. They seemed to

hold their blocks (without much holding, except for maybe a play or two) and

looked exceptional for the first week. The Red Devil defense played pretty

well tonight in shutting down the Greenup offense. They stopped most of the

running game - their biggest weakness seemed to be containment of the Qb.

Lewis had a huge run on the 2nd offensive play of the game (I'm thinking

about 65 yards, though I'm not sure). Jones ran the bootleg pretty well, and

he threw a pretty touchdown pass in the third quarter but I like him in the

backfield too, he adds a little more power back there. Sizemore is pretty good

back there too, but I think he may serve better as a receiver.

 

The Devils are going to have to work on the screen play for it to be effective

because I believe it was blown up at least twice in the ballgame. There also

seemed to be a few too many arm tackles later in the game, probably a result

of fatigue, but certainly something that should be looked at by the coaching

staff (this was primarily the reason for the success of the tuck and run up

the middle for the Qb, in my opinion).

 

A Huge game next week - I expect a full crowd at (I'm sorry but I have to

say it) The Holy Grail. It should be a great one. I am excited.

This game was alot closer than I expected but I'm sure they were saving their best for next week against Ashland.

This game was alot closer than I expected but I'm sure they were saving their best for next week against Ashland.

 

I really think this was a good score for the first week. Greenup's score came

with less than 2 minutes in the ballgame, and to be honest I thought this game

would have turned out closer than it did because the last few years it has

been, well, closer than it should have been. But sure, there is definantly room

for improvement.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.