Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

8/22 games

Featured Replies

Why the need to point this out, and your only comment on the game ? IMO 4 YCs is not an excessive number for a HS game, where a lot of referees are quick to pull out the card.

 

This sounds interesting to me. Were the yellows one-sided to one particular team? Seems like a worthy mention.

  • Replies 30
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mason was preseason #10 and #8 after week one.

I think that is in the State of Ohio, right? In Cincinnati, they are one of the top teams.

Correct, very nice win for ND

This was a first for me seeing 4 yellow cards in a hs GIRLS soccer game. Which is why I pointed it out. 2 YC on each team. Boone scored all 3 goals in the 2nd half off corner kicks. Played very inspired in the second half and really dominated Campbell Co. I hope the CC girl that went down with the knee injury is ok.

Who went down for the Camels? Sounds like CC needs to work on their D.

4 yc might seem like a lot for a girls game but 1 or 2 not so much. I guess you didn't agree with them or some of them but game control is a factor.

Agreed with 1 on Boone and 1 on Campbell. Other 2 were questionable. Idk the girls name but I heard her tell the trainer her knee popped. I believe she was playing midfield.

Fair enough

I disagree...all of the cards were right except 1 should've been red. Any refs and opposing coaches that read on here need to keep a close eye on Boone Cty. Being pulled down from behind on a break away by your ponytail is a red card not yellow. Numerous, 4-5 different, claw marks from shoulder to wrist some drawing blood and no calls made. Trash talk being made personal also red card worthy. Telling players they're going to hurt them so they miss their senior year is...well I can't say what I want!

I agree that the play was very uncalled for but it absolutely wasn't a break away from the 40 yard line. I talked to the girl after the game and she said she took an elbow to the chin as the player was going around her but still shouldn't have reacted that way! It's soccer bumps, bruises and scratches are part of the game. "IF" some girls were talking trash or saying they are gonna hurt someone they better pray their coach doesn't hear it. I know he doesn't tolerate it!!

Again, I disagree. If she didn't pull her down by ponytail, there was no one else back. Do you know the difference between scratches and claw marks? You can see where the nails dug in.

Again, I disagree. If she didn't pull her down by ponytail, there was no one else back. Do you know the difference between scratches and claw marks? You can see where the nails dug in.

 

I like aggressive play but have seen my fair share of "claw" marks on my daughters over the years form just flat out dirty play, no place in the game for that. There is a certain team not on Highlands schedule this year because the coach was tired of them purposely trying to hurt players. It is disgusting that some coaches will allow that type of play.

I would absolutely agree with you "IF" you were out there and heard it. Since you weren't then we'll have to disagree. Anyways, good luck the rest of the season.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.