Scotty McCoy steps down at Magoffin County

Hypothetically, if it were me? Would keeping that coaching job equal me being disloyal to my wife? I'm sure she would have hurt feelings, but she is an adult. My changing jobs wouldn't help her situation any, she would still be unemployed. I think the damage to those kids is worse.

I doubt my opinion is a popular one, and that's OK. I also don't blame the coach for making that decision, because it is his life. I just know that in that same situation I don't think I could have made the same decision, and disappointed all those players, given the details we know. Of course, we probably don't know all the details and so it is probably not fair for any of us to criticize.

It's true that we don't know all the details. If I'm a school administrator, though, I think long and hard before I ever hire McCoy as a coach at my school. You can count on that.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's true that we don't know all the details. If I'm a school administrator, though, I think long and hard before I ever hire McCoy as a coach at my school. You can count on that.

Yes and no, as an administrator you see this stuff all the time, heck teachers can leave their teaching gig until one week in in most cases. Im told there is more behind the "they didnt rehire his wife" thing. If thats the case, I get it.

At one point yes I think so, it is kinda a weird mess when you get to the details of both situations.

Gotcha. Well the article I referenced said he had previously been the d-coordinator at Magoffin. I assumed it meant previously as in "immediately previous to getting the head coaching job", but apparently the author meant it differently.