Middle School sports in Kentucky

rgoodman2016

hi how many middle school football programs are there in the Commowealth? how many middle school programs ? Is there a middle school basketball tourney in the Commonwealth? If there isn't should there be? Im new to this website and I would love any info at all. How many middle schools are there with basketball programs? Wouldn't it be great to have 7th-8th graders playing in Rupp Arena? Can you just imagine the excitement for them and the schools and families.I would love to work with someone on that. thanks for any info. Thanks for sharing anything with me. have a great day . :wave::up::facepalm: hope to hear back from anyone.

hi how many middle school football programs are there in the Commowealth? how many middle school programs ? Is there a middle school basketball tourney in the Commonwealth? If there isn't should there be? Im new to this website and I would love any info at all. How many middle schools are there with basketball programs? Wouldn't it be great to have 7th-8th graders playing in Rupp Arena? Can you just imagine the excitement for them and the schools and families.I would love to work with someone on that. thanks for any info. Thanks for sharing anything with me. have a great day . :wave::up::facepalm: hope to hear back from anyone.

If you are asking if there is a middle school state basketball tournament, yes there is. It's at KBA in Lexington at the end of the season. Many schools participate in it, several don't. Trying to have it someplace like a Rupp area would never work, heck according to some it's not even working for the high school teams/Sweet 16.

The KBA in Lexington holds a state basketball tournament for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade school teams. 6th is held the last weekend of January, 7th the first weekend in February, and 8th the 3rd weekend in February. 6th usually has around 50 teams participate, 7th 60-70, and 8th 70+.

Football has a middle school state playoff that is held throughout the month of October with the finals usually on the 1st weekend of November in Lexington. There is an 8th grade division I, II, and III. There is also an all inclusive 7th grade playoff.

There is good middle school football and basketball throughout the Commonwealth!

wow! thanks for the info. I didn't know that. Im glad I asked. Thats great to see that many programs participate in. A middle high school football playoff???? Now, I would love to see that. All the hard work that goes into that must be really worth it. Question? which programs are the ones that usually win it and play in it? (for both sports) thanks for responding hope to hear back .Roy Goodman

• 2 weeks later...
wow! thanks for the info. I didn't know that. Im glad I asked. Thats great to see that many programs participate in. A middle high school football playoff???? Now, I would love to see that. All the hard work that goes into that must be really worth it. Question? which programs are the ones that usually win it and play in it? (for both sports) thanks for responding hope to hear back .Roy Goodman

RG, I don't know about basketball, but in football Johnson County, Pulaski County and Bowling Green usually have good teams. The teams from Boyle and Mercer Counties also have good teams but I believe they play in a different tournament than the others. You would need a more knowledgeable Boyle-countian to clairy that. Some don't play. Owensboro would have a great team, but they don't send them. Not sure why.