BGP Fantasy Football League Rules - 2016

Godot

Before it comes up, Toilet Bowl exemptions should be addressed. 10 year and *'s (or has this been changed by the committee?)

When that's fixed, can we delete my post, sticky the thread and close it?

Thanks, I didn't copy and paste enough

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roster Limits

Since there are 16 teams in each Conference and there is only 32 NFL teams, each team will have a roster limit of two "starting" quarterbacks, kickers and defense teams. This is done so every team will be able to have a replacement for their starters at these positions on bye weeks. This limit will also be enforced during the draft. No team will be allowed to draft more than two players at each of these positions.

I take this to mean more than two QBs can be on the roster. Like, I could theoretically draft Johnny Football without much pushback? Or Tebow? Or someone of their caliber?

Scoring Method

The format that is used for scoring is listed on the Scoring Rules page: Fantasy Football: BGP Fantasy Football League - 216 League Scoring

In addition to the scoring method used by the league a change has been made in May of 2016 and will hence fore be known as the " Sumo Rule": A Touchdown scored by a player on a starting roster is a Touchdown and is scored for six points whether it be offense, defense, special teams, fumble recovery or any other fluke not covered here.

So if a receiver is playing as a DB in prevent defense and they pick off a backwards lateral and take it to the house, is the six points for both the WR and D?

I take this to mean more than two QBs can be on the roster. Like, I could theoretically draft Johnny Football without much pushback? Or Tebow? Or someone of their caliber?
It means you can only have two QB's on your roster that are listed as the starter for his team. There is no limit to backups on your roster. But as soon as one of your backups become a starter and you have three "starting" QB's, you have to cut one.

So if a receiver is playing as a DB in prevent defense and they pick off a backwards lateral and take it to the house, is the six points for both the WR and D?

I believe that you are correct.

Same thing as if Randall Cobb is returning a punt and scores a TD. 6 points for Randall Cobb and 6 points for the D/ST.

I believe that you are correct.

Same thing as if Randall Cobb is returning a punt and scores a TD. 6 points for Randall Cobb and 6 points for the D/ST.

Sorry, I missed this one. MJ is correct.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm going to lobby for a form of the Ted Stepien rule next year.

? Enlighten me
In the NBA Cleveland traded their first round pick for five consecutive years, so the NBA passed a rule that a team can no longer trade consecutive first round picks. Called the "Stepien Rule" because Ted Stepien was the owner of Cleveland at the time.

Trades

Updated 6/27/16 - Reason: To add unwritten rules that most know but haven't been written down yet.

Trading of draft picks is allowed for the current season only. Also you may only trade draft picks for Rounds 3 and later. No one may end Draft Round 2 with more or less than two players on Roster.

Trades are allowed until Thursday at 8 PM CST of week #10.

If The Commissioner feels that a trade may be lopsided, he will send the trade to the rest of the league for the league to vote on. Owners will then have 24 hours to vote and make themselves heard - majority will rule.

Before a trade will even be considered, all teams involved with the trade MUST verify the trade with The Commissioner. Once a trade is approved by The Commissioner, it will not be final until rosters are at the legal limit. i.e. drop a player or add a player to get to the 16 man roster. (These steps will be eliminated by using the MFL site for making your trade)

No trades are permitted after the LINE-UP deadline for any particular week.

The Draft

Updated 6/27/16 - Reason: To add unwritten rules that most know but haven't been written down yet.

The draft order is set in the order of the final standings from the previous year. The team in last place will get the first pick with the league champion having the 16th pick.

The draft will be held using this web site and Internet e-mail.

Each round will serpentine, meaning that if you have the last pick in the first round you will have the first pick in the second round.

The Draft will start about the middle of July in order to have it completed before the NFL season starts.

Each GM is allotted 24 hours to make a selection. As soon as a GM makes a selection, the next GM is considered to be on the clock. All times are Central Standard Time (CST). Should the draft be taking too long towards the start of the season, the Commissioner will determine a way to speed up the draft, either by (1) shortening the draft picks to 12 hour time limits, (2) having all owners to agree to meeting in a chat room, so we can finish the draft live, or (3) by having each owner send in a list of draft pick preferences.

If a team fails to make a selection within the allotted 24 hours, the next team will go on the clock. The team that missed their pick will be able to submit a pick of un-drafted players when they can.

Please check the BGP web site at least twice a day to keep the draft moving at nice pace. If you know that you won't be able to check the site and your selection is coming up, please forward your selection to either The Commissioner or someone in the league so they can make the selection for you.

The Draft will be conducted in 16 rounds.

You are only allowed to draft two QB's period. The season two starting QB's rule does not apply during the draft.

Trading of draft picks is allowed for the current season only. Also you may only trade draft picks for Rounds 3 and later. No one may end Draft Round 2 with more or less than two players on Roster.

Trades

Before a trade will even be considered, all teams involved with the trade MUST verify the trade with The Commissioner. Once a trade is approved by The Commissioner, it will not be final until rosters are at the legal limit. i.e. drop a player or add a player to get to the 16 man roster. (These steps will be eliminated by using the MFL site for making your trade)

And you suck if you agree to a trade and don't follow through with adjusting your roster so that the trade can go through and then disappear.