Open Job: Todd County Central

Per their school district website, as well as their Head Track Coach and Head Wrestling Coach (all of which I believe Coach Jones was the head of). I don't know exactly where, but I have it on pretty reliable source that Coach Jones is going to a school in the "western" half of the state as an assistant coach (possibly the area where some family is located). It appears he wore many hats at a place that's been pretty tough to win over the years. Best wishes to Coach Jones, his family and the future and to TCC Football.

Opening was posted yesterday.

Employment - Todd County Schools

Coach Jones will be greatly missed by the Rebel family. He came to Todd Central in the midst of a long losing streak and brought Todd Central to a respectable place on the gridiron. According to the Kentucky New Era, Coach Jones is going to Grayson County, where his wife is from for a job opportunity. Coach Jones wore many hats at Todd Central. He was not only the football coach, but also started a wrestling team at Todd Central, was a very successful coach of the track program, and even started a powerlifting team at Todd Central. Last year, the Todd Central girls powerlifting team won a state title, which is only the second time that has happened at Todd Central. The only other team that did that was the girls track team. Todd Central has had its struggles in football, often in the shadows of other successful teams such as Owensboro Catholic, Russellville, Ft. Campbell, and others. We wish Coach Jones well and that the Rebels can find a leader who will bring greater success to Todd Central.

Coach Jones will be greatly missed by the Rebel family. He came to Todd Central in the midst of a long losing streak and brought Todd Central to a respectable place on the gridiron. According to the Kentucky New Era, Coach Jones is going to Grayson County, where his wife is from for a job opportunity. Coach Jones wore many hats at Todd Central. He was not only the football coach, but also started a wrestling team at Todd Central, was a very successful coach of the track program, and even started a powerlifting team at Todd Central. Last year, the Todd Central girls powerlifting team won a state title, which is only the second time that has happened at Todd Central. The only other team that did that was the girls track team. Todd Central has had its struggles in football, often in the shadows of other successful teams such as Owensboro Catholic, Russellville, Ft. Campbell, and others. We wish Coach Jones well and that the Rebels can find a leader who will bring greater success to Todd Central.

Well said, Racer! :thumb: I don't know who will be the next coach at Todd, but that job is a heck of a lot more appealing after Jones left than before he came. He's done a good job.

Guest fogdog.com

Did they beat any team with a winning record? A great place to work and support. A hard worker could continue this program in the right direction. He did do a good job with what he had to work with.

In six season's under Jones, Todd Co. won 12 games. I think Coach Jones is probably a good coach but the word "appealing" isn't one I'd throw around in any sense about that job.

In about 75% of the school districts coaching is about way more than wins and losses.

It's not a reference to the coach, it's a point about the job. They had a good coach...they won 12 games in 6 years....with a GOOD coach.

Someone said the word "appealing". The first sentence should help you understand why I am contesting the word "Appealing" here in reference to the job.

The people in Todd County are being patient as the powers to be are searching for the next Rebel football coach. As a graduate of Todd Central, the football program has gone through more than its share of struggles, but has also had some great years, particularly in the early 70's and most of the 1980's.

It is a well known fact that Todd County is very rural. But also, it is within an hour's drive of many large cities and towns such as Hopkinsville, Bowling Green, Clarksville, TN, and Nashville to attract many candidates for this job. Let us not forget that Coach Jones came from Florida to Todd Central for his first coaching job. This job has the potential to attract many coaches from Tennessee who has the desire to double dip into their retirement since Todd County is so close to Tennessee. This job has potential, but also many challenges in who Todd Central play on a yearly basis. Among the teams that are usually on the Rebels' schedule include Russellville, Owensboro Catholic, and Trigg County, among others.

Edited by Racer89
Missing word

• 4 weeks later...