Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Very interesting read on Technology and the not too distant future

Featured Replies

Some of the timelines are a little far fetched IMO, but it doesn't sound like a great place to live in the future honestly.

  • Author
Some of the timelines are a little far fetched IMO, but it doesn't sound like a great place to live in the future honestly.

 

I think I agree with that. Some of the timelines seem a little too rushed to me. But in the large picture, a few decades is a blink of an eye.

Some of the timelines are a little far fetched IMO, but it doesn't sound like a great place to live in the future honestly.

 

It sounds like a terrible place to live, and it sounds like everyone will be lazy as can be because everything will be automated.

  • Author
It sounds like a terrible place to live, and it sounds like everyone will be lazy as can be because everything will be automated.

 

The question is how will the average Joe be able to afford all the automated services.

The question is how will the average Joe be able to afford all the automated services.

 

I think it will be like anything else when it first comes out, in the beginning only a certain group can afford. But as time goes prices come down to where the average Joe can afford it. You can walk down the street in the projects and see Iphone 6's now, whereas a few years ago it was a flip phone or no phone.

  • Author
I think it will be like anything else when it first comes out, in the beginning only a certain group can afford. But as time goes prices come down to where the average Joe can afford it. You can walk down the street in the projects and see Iphone 6's now, whereas a few years ago it was a flip phone or no phone.

 

Let me rephrase, even with low prices I question what jobs will be available for the average Joe to afford all the automated services.

Let me rephrase, even with low prices I question what jobs will be available for the average Joe to afford all the automated services.

 

That's a scary thing to think about... Average Joe's may be no more, there will either be the top of the food chain or the bottom I presume.

That's a scary thing to think about... Average Joe's may be no more, there will either be the top of the food chain or the bottom I presume.

 

That separation started years ago. This will only multiple it quicker. Better hope you aren't on the bottom. Sounds like a fun society to live in.

Right, all you are going to need is a maybe a beefed up version of Kahn Academy and some Jack of All Trade teachers and boom!

 

And eventually you won't even need brick and mortar schools, it will all be done from home meaning educators will be almost completely wiped out.

 

And for the joke that is most college campuses, bye Felicia.

 

I would suspect math and sciences will always require live teachers but I could be wrong.

I would suspect math and sciences will always require live teachers but I could be wrong.

 

Teaching is one thing that has already started being automated.

  • Author
I would suspect math and sciences will always require live teachers but I could be wrong.

 

Probably not as much as you think. The weak links will be identified at a much younger age and knocked out of any math and science programs because it will be inefficient. Only the elite human minds will stay in those disciplines and they won't need a lot of help.

One thing with the self driving cars is you will have a lot of backlash from the older generations IMO. It's going to take a lot of time to phase that out. I worry about the security and potential for hacking in those cars. I'm not a fan.

  • Author
One thing with the self driving cars is you will have a lot of backlash from the older generations IMO. It's going to take a lot of time to phase that out. I worry about the security and potential for hacking in those cars. I'm not a fan.

 

I generally disagree because I think most older peeps will be really happy that they can go anywhere at anytime without having to worry about driving, especially having to drive at night.

 

If I was in charge of marketing for self driving cars I would already be in bed with AARP.

I generally disagree because I think most older peeps will be really happy that they can go anywhere at anytime without having to worry about driving, especially having to drive at night.

 

If I was in charge of marketing for self driving cars I would already be in bed with AARP.

 

That's a very good point, but it's not like older people love change.

  • Author
That's a very good point, but it's not like older people love change.

 

Depending on how you look at it this keeps old peeps from having to change.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.