Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cooper Jaguars - 2015 Grade

Featured Replies

B

 

I think it is time to start looking at Quarterfinal teams, so I figured I would start one on the Cooper Jaguars. Cooper had a solid year with a 8-2 regular season with wins over Highlands, Ryle, Conner, Lexington Catholic, Newport Catholic, among others. They did have a BAD loss to Bryan Station which dropped the grade some for me. A pretty average post-season with wins over Conner and Seneca and a 1 point heart breaker of a loss to SK in the third round of the playoffs. What does everyone else think? Is a B to high for a 3rd round playoff team? Or do you agree?

B

 

I think it is time to start looking at Quarterfinal teams, so I figured I would start one on the Cooper Jaguars. Cooper had a solid year with a 8-2 regular season with wins over Highlands, Ryle, Conner, Lexington Catholic, Newport Catholic, among others. They did have a BAD loss to Bryan Station which dropped the grade some for me. A pretty average post-season with wins over Conner and Seneca and a 1 point heart breaker of a loss to SK in the third round of the playoffs. What does everyone else think? Is a B to high for a 3rd round playoff team? Or do you agree?

 

Chuckle, I can't consider a B too high for a quarterfinal loss team given the grade I plan on giving Trinity.

 

Anyway, on topic, they had a similar schedule to SK and did well save for that loss to Station. I'd give them a B- for the regular season and a B+ post-season for being within a point of SK.

 

A B seems fair.

B is fair considering they played up a class.

B

 

I think it is time to start looking at Quarterfinal teams, so I figured I would start one on the Cooper Jaguars. Cooper had a solid year with a 8-2 regular season with wins over Highlands, Ryle, Conner, Lexington Catholic, Newport Catholic, among others. They did have a BAD loss to Bryan Station which dropped the grade some for me. A pretty average post-season with wins over Conner and Seneca and a 1 point heart breaker of a loss to SK in the third round of the playoffs. What does everyone else think? Is a B to high for a 3rd round playoff team? Or do you agree?

 

I don't think a B is high enough. I am sitting here trying to decide between a B+ and an A-.

 

The only real negative for the Jags was the blowout loss to Bryan Station. The two losses to Simon should not be grade killers, especially when the second loss was only by one point.

 

As you mentioned, Cooper had a lot of big, impressive wins.

 

It is really a shame for the players, parents and school that Cooper chose to play up from 5A into 6A. In 5A they had a shot to win a title last year. I don't believe they would have, but I believe it was possible. In 6A, the Jags had no chance to win a State Title.

 

I am going to give Cooper a B+. If the Station game would have been respectable I would go with an A- but again B+ for Cooper.

I don't think a B is high enough. I am sitting here trying to decide between a B+ and an A-.

 

The only real negative for the Jags was the blowout loss to Bryan Station. The two losses to Simon should not be grade killers, especially when the second loss was only by one point.

 

As you mentioned, Cooper had a lot of big, impressive wins.

 

It is really a shame for the players, parents and school that Cooper chose to play up from 5A into 6A. In 5A they had a shot to win a title last year. I don't believe they would have, but I believe it was possible. In 6A, the Jags had no chance to win a State Title.

 

I am going to give Cooper a B+. If the Station game would have been respectable I would go with an A- but again B+ for Cooper.

 

The one point win over Cooper was on the refs. SK got screwed every which way but loose and still won the game. Safety in the endzone no points.

The one point win over Cooper was on the refs. SK got screwed every which way but loose and still won the game. Safety in the endzone no points.

 

It was still a very close game.

 

No more Simon this, Simon that, Simon Says other than Simon threads.

If anyone else tries to derail this thread you will be suspended.

 

Any other grades on 2015 Cooper?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.