Whitley vs. Bell Predictions & Analysis

Bell is a three or four touchdown favorite on paper. The Mutt hopes the Bell kids are reading the paper and come in a little flat. If Bell does not bring their best game and Whitley brings their "A" game, this will be a dog fight as this matchup usually is.

Prediction:

Whitley 28

Bell 27

Southeastbell,

Your comment bodes poorly for Whitley. The Colonels were the worst pass defense team that I saw last year. Almost everyone passed at will against Whitley. I do not know if this year's bunch is any better. There are new faces in the secondary but, I do not know if any of them can cover their own shadow. They looked terrible down in Knoxville but, they looked respectable against Campbell County. Whitley's defensive line has looked pretty good during the scimmages but, I doubt that they have faced a line as good as Bell County's. If the D-line does not get pressure on the QB, it could be a long night for the untested secondary.

Southeastbell,

Your comment bodes poorly for Whitley. The Colonels were the worst pass defense team that I saw last year. Almost everyone passed at will against Whitley. I do not know if this year's bunch is any better. There are new faces in the secondary but, I do not know if any of them can cover their own shadow. They looked terrible down in Knoxville but, they looked respectable against Campbell County. Whitley's defensive line has looked pretty good during the scimmages but, I doubt that they have faced a line as good as Bell County's. If the D-line does not get pressure on the QB, it could be a long night for the untested secondary.

Bell County has a very thin and inexperienced line ,That's one of the reasons they are going to start passing the football this season.

Bell will be a much more balanced team on offense they could be 50/50 pass to run ratio.

Generally nobody in SEKY looks good defending the pass, since so few schools use it as their bread and butter, there are some expections but mainly it is power football.

That being said Whitley will play well early but get run down by Bell's big play guys.

Whitley's record will drop to 2-1 in the City County Bowl.

Bell 42

Whitley County 18

Generally nobody in SEKY looks good defending the pass, since so few schools use it as their bread and butter, there are some expections but mainly it is power football.

That being said Whitley will play well early but get run down by Bell's big play guys.

Whitley's record will drop to 2-1 in the City County Bowl.

Bell 42

Whitley County 18

As much as I would like to see Coach Black have a successful debut at Whitley, I think Bell has a few too many weapons. I have to agree with this asessment.

I look for Bell to win this one. Whitley has a new coach and everything has changed for them. Plus, I hear a couple of their better running backs are out. Bell has a new system in also, but Coach Hilton is still the coach and the defense will be stingy.

I would like to see this develop into a rivalry again, and I think in the upcoming years this could become a a very competitive annual game if the teams so chose to make it so.