Russell v Holmes (1st Round - Sweet 16) 3/9 Predicitons

Russell v Holmes  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Russell v Holmes

• Holmes
    • Russell

What do we know about Russel? Anyone have any insight?

Junior forward Maggie Jachimczuk is their best player, averaging 16 pts and 11 rebs per game. She might be at her best playing with her back to the basket, but she's more than capable of stepping out and hitting some perimeter shots. Maggie's one of the three or four best players in the 16th Region.

Sophomore gaurd Madison Darnell averages about 13 ppg and gets to the free throw line a lot(250 attempts so far this season). Sophomore point gaurd Ty Mitchell is jackrabbit quick and one of, if not the, the best perimeter defenders in the 16th region.

Russell's not real deep. As long as the starters stay out of foul trouble, the Lady Devils might only play about six players. Overall, Russell's a good team that is a worthy representative of their region. Having said that, Holmes appears to be a solid favorite in this game.

Junior forward Maggie Jachimczuk is their best player, averaging 16 pts and 11 rebs per game. She might be at her best playing with her back to the basket, but she's more than capable of stepping out and hitting some perimeter shots. Maggie's one of the three or four best players in the 16th Region.

Sophomore gaurd Madison Darnell averages about 13 ppg and gets to the free throw line a lot(250 attempts so far this season). Sophomore point gaurd Ty Mitchell is jackrabbit quick and one of, if not the, the best perimeter defenders in the 16th region.

Russell's not real deep. As long as the starters stay out of foul trouble, the Lady Devils might only play about six players. Overall, Russell's a good team that is a worthy representative of their region. Having said that, Holmes appears to be a solid favorite in this game.

Thanks for the info for us folks in Northern Ky. Also hope you enjoy your visit, and I can tell you, you will enjoy watching games in BB&T arena. Holmes is not extremely deep either, probably playing 7, it's there speed, a Northern Ky reporter said it may be the quickest girls team he has ever saw. Not a lot of size, but will press and can shoot the 3. Should be a great match up. Congrats to both teams and best of luck to both.

Thanks for the info for us folks in Northern Ky. Also hope you enjoy your visit, and I can tell you, you will enjoy watching games in BB&T arena. Holmes is not extremely deep either, probably playing 7, it's there speed, a Northern Ky reporter said it may be the quickest girls team he has ever saw. Not a lot of size, but will press and can shoot the 3. Should be a great match up. Congrats to both teams and best of luck to both.

Unfortunately, due to prior obligations, I won't be making the trip. I've never been to BB&T Arena before, but I've seen a few Norse games on television. It looks like a perfect venue for the girl's Sweet 16.

Hopefully for Russell's sake, they can beat the press and take advantage of Holmes's lack of size down low. I don't know that I'd consider Russell to be "big", but Jachimczuk and Darnell are close to six feet tall. Darnell has good size and length for a gaurd. From the sounds of it, Russell needs to avoid getting into a track meet with Holmes.