Track the NHL.

swamprat

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched the replay of Lightning/Bruins game. Great game by the Lightning! Wednesday night should be a good one with Chicago at Detroit, unfortunately I'll be working.

Tyler Johnson took a puck to the face in that game. Blood everywhere. He came out and scored the 2 goals, last night, in the Lightnings's 2-1 win over the Maple Leafs. He looked like hell, though, big stitched up cut over his left eye and had a shiner going.

Tyler Johnson took a puck to the face in that game. Blood everywhere. He came out and scored the 2 goals, last night, in the Lightnings's 2-1 win over the Maple Leafs. He looked like hell, though, big stitched up cut over his left eye and had a shiner going.

Listened to the game last night on Tunein Radio. Kid is unbelievable! I've said for years, pound for pound hockey players are the toughest team sports athletes on the planet.

Bolts beat Senators 4 - 1 last night and tied a franchise record with their 8th straight win. Listened to it on Tunein Radio and enjoyed every second!

Had dinner with my daughter's family last night. Didn't get to see it. Caught the 3rd period on the way home.

I don't think they'll break the record. Ottawa out shot them, got more face-offs, and had 4 power power plays to Tampa Bay's 1. Bish and Vaceline are having to work too hard and it's going to come back to bite them. The Hurricanes are here tomorrow night, so we'll see.

The Bolts broke the record against Carolina (9 straight wins), but lost to the Flyers last night. When you allow 40 shots on goal, that's going to happen. Hope the trend doesn't turn.

Philly is still fighting for their playoff lives, remaining 2 points behind the Red Wings for the last Wild Card spot in the Eastern Conference.

The Bruins pulled even with the Florida Panthers for second place in the Atlantic Division after defeating them in OT last night. Both trail the Lightning by 1 point and Boston plays in Tampa tonight.

The Capitals ended Anaheim's 11 game winning streak last night. The Caps have 102 points, now, 20 points ahead of anybody else in the Eastern Conference, including the second place team in the Metro Division, the Rangers. Chicago and Dallas lead the Western Conference with 87 points.

Colorado is tied with Minnesota for the last Wild Card spot in the West. However, the Wild hold the tie breaker at the moment. Nashville is 6 points up on them, holding the other spot.

It felt like a playoff game and in what could be a preview of the first round of the Western Conference playoffs, the Blues beat the Blackhawks 3-2 in a shoot out.

Great hockey match.

Ryan Reaves was ejected after this hit.

However, the NHL determined that the hit did not warrant any further disciplinary action.

I wasn't surprised by the ruling on Reaves after John-Michael Liles got away with no discipline for this elbow to the head of Nikita Kucherov in Monday's game between the Bruins and the Bolts.

[video=youtube;CPhw5-Hkq4I]

This ain't the EPL. This is hockey, man. Spit out the teeth, suck it up, and continue on. :D

I missed most of the first period of the Lightning/Blue Jackets game in Columbus, this afternoon (UK game). However, once I tuned in, I immediately noticed the crowd was booing Ben Bishop every time he touched the puck. Normally I'd turn the sound down right away, but the booing peaked my interest.

Evidently Ben and Jacket Captain, Nick Foligno, got into it a couple of times early in the game. I can't find any specifics, but it must have been something of a doosey to get the natives that worked up over one player.

The Lighting color guy said, "Maybe they're booing because Ben went to UofM. However, I don't thing they know that was the University of Maine." :clap:

Bishop took the day, though, stopping 37 shots in the 16th shutout of his career. The Bolts won 4-0.

The Lightning scored 2 short-handed goals in a span of 5 minutes in the 3rd period.

Tampa Bay played most the game short 2 forwards after Kucherov and Filppula got hurt.