Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Campbell County 84 Calvary Christian 37 (37th District Semifinals)

Featured Replies

Final from Campbell County Middle School, per the scoreboard.

Nothing Calvary could do against Campbell's height, being the shorter team Calvary is. However, the Cougars have improved tremendously from last years losses to Campbell

Campbell County 84, Calvary Christian 37

 

Campbell County (18-12)–Teegarden 2 1 5, Hegyi 2 3 8, McGovney 4 0 8, Zumwalde 1 0 2, Wilson 7 3 17, Clos 4 1 9, Day 1 0 2, Bertsch 9 1 25, Russell 1 1 3, Hoeh 0 11, Geiman 1 2 4. Totals: 32 13 84.

 

Calvary Christian (16-15)–Rusch 3 0 7, Thompson 0 1 1, Smith 3 0 6, Riley 4 3 14, Wade 3 1 9. Totals: 13 5 37.

 

Halftime: Campbell County 44-18. 3-pointers: Campbell County 7 (Bertsch 6, Hegyi); Calvary Christian 6 (Riley 3, Wade 2, Rusch).

I'm impressed that the Cougars were able to put 37 points on CCHS!

The Cougars played very hard last night and never gave. I really enjoyed watching the little 8th grader play last night. I think his name was Rusch. Gonna be really nice player for the Cougers the next few years.

The Cougars played very hard last night and never gave. I really enjoyed watching the little 8th grader play last night. I think his name was Rusch. Gonna be really nice player for the Cougers the next few years.

 

This kid is a motor for this team. Great kid, looking forward to him leading this team in the next few years.

This is a partial re-post of an entry I made in the District realignment thread.

 

Unfortunately, presently for them on the merits of being members of the KHSAA, they are forced into the 37th District with the three-headed monster of Brossart, Scott, and Campbell County. They are good sports, showed up against the Camels and gave it their best shot.

 

A couple observations about Calvary. First, I was overly impressed with their band and student section that cheered every minor accomplishment, and stood throughout the course of their games. They were by far the most spirited student section in the 37th District Tournament.

 

I'm rooting hard for their new head coach Ryan Neises to change the culture there, and put his team in a better position to compete. I was very outspoken about the previous staff who I thought did the Calvary kids a tremendous dis-service during its tenure there. They simply didn't have to be as bad as they were. Neises has some kids who can play and I feel are capable of competing at the NKAC Division III level, which is where they need to focus their attentions.

 

Their record against D-III competition this year (inside and outside of conference play) was 8-7, with 7 of those 8 wins coming over Heritage, SGrove, and CovLatin. They also won the KCAC conference. They've now cleared that hurdle. Two times this season they were competitive with Bellevue and Dayton, which I feel should be their next baby step forward.

 

They have a whiz kid 8th Grade guard in Mason Rusch who entertained the 37th District fans and earned the respect of the crowd vs both Silver Grove and then again against Campbell County. He is fearless. IF they can keep this kid in Red and Gold, they've really got something to build on. Akeem Riley is back, and has the potential to contribute consistently in a team setting.

 

Neises took over this program late in the summer. He will now have a full off-season to instill some much needed fundamentals, and learn how to win at the D-III level. They need to win games by doing the right things and not simply relying on their athlete pool. That is a very attainable goal for them. I congratulate them on their successes this year and am happy to see them striving to compete outside of the KCAC and Christian school box.

This is a partial re-post of an entry I made in the District realignment thread.

 

Unfortunately, presently for them on the merits of being members of the KHSAA, they are forced into the 37th District with the three-headed monster of Brossart, Scott, and Campbell County. They are good sports, showed up against the Camels and gave it their best shot.

 

A couple observations about Calvary. First, I was overly impressed with their band and student section that cheered every minor accomplishment, and stood throughout the course of their games. They were by far the most spirited student section in the 37th District Tournament.

 

I'm rooting hard for their new head coach Ryan Neises to change the culture there, and put his team in a better position to compete. I was very outspoken about the previous staff who I thought did the Calvary kids a tremendous dis-service during its tenure there. They simply didn't have to be as bad as they were. Neises has some kids who can play and I feel are capable of competing at the NKAC Division III level, which is where they need to focus their attentions.

 

Their record against D-III competition this year (inside and outside of conference play) was 8-7, with 7 of those 8 wins coming over Heritage, SGrove, and CovLatin. They also won the KCAC conference. They've now cleared that hurdle. Two times this season they were competitive with Bellevue and Dayton, which I feel should be their next baby step forward.

 

They have a whiz kid 8th Grade guard in Mason Rusch who entertained the 37th District fans and earned the respect of the crowd vs both Silver Grove and then again against Campbell County. He is fearless. IF they can keep this kid in Red and Gold, they've really got something to build on. Akeem Riley is back, and has the potential to contribute consistently in a team setting.

 

Neises took over this program late in the summer. He will now have a full off-season to instill some much needed fundamentals, and learn how to win at the D-III level. They need to win games by doing the right things and not simply relying on their athlete pool. That is a very attainable goal for them. I congratulate them on their successes this year and am happy to see them striving to compete outside of the KCAC and Christian school box.

 

I know this completely off topic, but didn't they hire a pretty good baseball coach as well a couple of years ago?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.