Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will Shelby Valley's Field be ready in time?

Featured Replies

Will Shelby Valley have thier field ready in time for the season? I was by there today and they have the field compacted but nothing else is close to being completed? Any one have any info?

  • Author

I was by there today and they still haven't put one piece of turf down? Are they going to have it ready for the home opener??

it should be all that is left is the laying of the turf

 

 

What's wrong with the field they had?? Are they laying new sod or sportsturf??

  • Author

SportTurf like Belfry I suppose, all I know si that they are getting turf and it doesnt look to me like it will be done in time.

SportTurf like Belfry I suppose, all I know si that they are getting turf and it doesnt look to me like it will be done in time.

 

 

What was wrong with the field they had??:confused:

  • Author
What was wrong with the field they had??:confused:

 

I guess nothing was wrong with it, Teco Coal sponsered thier new field so why wouldn't they take it :confused:

I guess nothing was wrong with it, Teco Coal sponsered thier new field so why wouldn't they take it :confused:

 

 

 

Absolutely...if the cost was being donated..by all means scoop it up.:thumb:

Have all the funds been raised???

I heard they were still short of the $$$$ needed.

Have all the funds been raised???

I heard they were still short of the $$$$ needed.

 

 

Maybe the Board of Ed will pick up the tab:fire:

  • Author

If they want to play on the field they better hurry.. where else would they move th game to?

What was wrong with the field they had??:confused:

 

 

The field was interrible need of redone. It flooded easy and didnt drain so it was a mud filed (the players didnt complain lol) but it was just a hassle to pay to resod/regrass and redo the field every year not to mention the football team working on it to keep it up.

I believe they started laying the turf Monday. I know its supposed to take close to 2 weeks to finish though... sewing it and everything. I think they are close to the 50 yard line though. Where it rained they will have to wait until it is completely dry to finish. I think they already made arrangements with Pikeville to play there this Friday against Midland Trail, WV.

where else would they move th game to?

 

 

My guess is that they will play at Pikeville if the Valley field is not ready and Pikeville's field is available. The game could also be at Pike Central since both high schools are just a short drive from Valley.

My guess is that they will play at Pikeville if the Valley field is not ready and Pikeville's field is available. The game could also be at Pike Central since both high schools are just a short drive from Valley.

 

I highly doubt Hambley will be available. With Pikeville High school Football, Jr. high football, boys and girls soccer, Pikeville college football, pikeville college boys and girls soccer, there is absolutely no carpet time left. Where is Valley practicing at? They'll need to look somewhere else for a field, I'm afraid!;)

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.