October 16, 20169 yr ^^^^ Guess we agree then... Dalton is good at second and third reads if he's given the time... Fact is, he's rarely been given the time...especially this season, for what is surely a combination of circumstances. He is not going through progressions. He is going to his 2nd or 3rd options based off his pre read snaps. Going through progressions is after the snap, and looking at option 1 and then coming off him, etc. He is doing a great job at the line like usual knowing which guy will be open based off the look he is getting and going to him. He has been on point today and making all the right decisions.
October 16, 20169 yr Ageee to disagree... simple as that, I guess. There's a big difference in pre-read and always going there... and what I think Dalton does well... pre-read, but will quickly adjust to another read when his pre-read may have been taken away.
October 16, 20169 yr Ageee to disagree... simple as that, I guess. There's a big difference in pre-read and always going there... and what I think Dalton does well... pre-read, but will quickly adjust to another read when his pre-read may have been taken away. Agreed to disagree is right. Because when teams take away his first option based off his first read, is when we have seen Dalton have his struggles. I guess it's a good thing that this is the only thing we can argue about on Dalton these days.
October 16, 20169 yr Agreed to disagree is right. Because when teams take away his first option based off his first read, is when we have seen Dalton have his struggles. I guess it's a good thing that this is the only thing we can argue about on Dalton these days. So, then why didn't you answer the question a few posts ago? You're not saying Dalton hasn't had time to read progressions? You're saying he's just not good at it? Lol! A 5-6 year NFL QB veteran isn't good at it... okay... solid point... lol
October 16, 20169 yr So, then why didn't you answer the question a few posts ago? You're not saying Dalton hasn't had time to read progressions? You're saying he's just not good at it? Lol! A 5-6 year NFL QB veteran isn't good at it... okay... solid point... lol Im saying yes he has not been to good at going through his progressions his whole career and many games support that. When teams have taken away his first reads, he has either still tried to force it in, or would not be good at finding the open guy after that. He has always been a guy who has been great at his pre snap reads but struggles in games when teams take it away. You act like that is taking a shot at Dalton or something. All I said is that it's never been his strength, which is true. His strengths are his pre reads he makes at the line. Which he is one of the best in the nfl at and why he has been so successful in his career.
October 16, 20169 yr Im saying yes he has not been to good at going through his progressions his whole career and many games support that. When teams have taken away his first reads, he has either still tried to force it in, or would not be good at finding the open guy after that. He has always been a guy who has been great at his pre snap reads but struggles in games when teams take it away. You act like that is taking a shot at Dalton or something. All I said is that it's never been his strength, which is true. His strengths are his pre reads he makes at the line. Which he is one of the best in the nfl at and why he has been so successful in his career. No, I don't think you're taking a shot at Dalton... I just think you're wrong... I get a little burned out on your "opinion" posts that you insist on being factual most of the time... It's okay for people to disagree, but not to you for some reason... you have to carry on as if what you say is fact... it's getting tired is all... That's why most people don't engage with you on this board... not worth it. You come off like a guy that's coaching freshman or jv ball and that somehow makes you the football guru... I respect your right to have you're opinion on Dalton not being good at progressions... I just think you're wrong... that's all... no more , no less...
October 16, 20169 yr No, I don't think you're taking a shot at Dalton... I just think you're wrong... I get a little burned out on your "opinion" posts that you insist on being factual most of the time... It's okay for people to disagree, but not to you for some reason... you have to carry on as if what you say is fact... it's getting tired is all... That's why most people don't engage with you on this board... not worth it. You come off like a guy that's coaching freshman or jv ball and that somehow makes you the football guru... I respect your right to have you're opinion on Dalton not being good at progressions... I just think you're wrong... that's all... no more , no less... Question what have you done this whole time? That is try to defend your opinion, and you try to defend your opinion as if your opinion is correct right? Am I someone who will engage in conversation on the Bengals and have an opinion on then, yes. Do I try to defend my opinion, yes. Is that any different than any single person on this board who tries to defend there opinion on this boars no. If you would like I would be more than happy to show you many others on who who try to defend there opinion and act like their opinion is right. My first example would be you and how you do the same. The only difference is I engage in more opinion debates than others on here. This is a board to share your opinions correct? So people will disagree with opinions right? People will then defend their opinions too. Many people have mad many opinions on here and like to share when I am wrong and when they disagree. All the way back to the Palmer days. My opinion is my opinion and so of coarse I feel my opinion is right and will defend my opinion. Just like you have opinions a will try to defend yours like it's a fact too. Which is why there is a message board to share these.
October 16, 20169 yr No, I initially asked you to clarify your position which was confusing... and u didn't do it, until I brought it up today... And your position still doesn't make sense... You said Dalton's quick release has hidden the O-lines problems .... and you also said, Dalton isn't good at progression reads... So, to me...that doesn't make sense.. How do you know if he's good at it when you also admit he hasn't had time and has covered up the O-lines problems? Just asking for clarification... to me you can't say , Dalton isn't good at reading progressions while also admitting he has to get rid of the ball quickly... To my eyes, when he's had time, he's read through his progressions like a pro... not the best in the league and far from the worst. (Not that u ever said worst). That's all.
October 16, 20169 yr No, I initially asked you to clarify your position which was confusing... and u didn't do it, until I brought it up today... And your position still doesn't make sense... You said Dalton's quick release has hidden the O-lines problems .... and you also said, Dalton isn't good at progression reads... So, to me...that doesn't make sense.. How do you know if he's good at it when you also admit he hasn't had time and has covered up the O-lines problems? Just asking for clarification... to me you can't say , Dalton isn't good at reading progressions while also admitting he has to get rid of the ball quickly... To my eyes, when he's had time, he's read through his progressions like a pro... not the best in the league and far from the worst. (Not that u ever said worst). That's all. My fault for not clarifying then. Dalton is so good at his pre read snaps, that he will hold on to the ball and not come off that first option until he either throwe it, forces it, or eventually sees it won't be open. He struggles at being able to come off that first option, even when he does have more time. I agree the line does prevent him sometimes from also being able to even have a chance to go through progressions. Just look at this game for example. Brady does a great job getting off his first reads and getting back to another. With Dalton we can tell which way he is throwing as soon as the ball is snapped by which way he looks. However as you have said we obviously will continue to disagree on this, and see it differently.
October 16, 20169 yr My fault for not clarifying then. Dalton is so good at his pre read snaps, that he will hold on to the ball and not come off that first option until he either throwe it, forces it, or eventually sees it won't be open. He struggles at being able to come off that first option, even when he does have more time. I agree the line does prevent him sometimes from also being able to even have a chance to go through progressions. Just look at this game for example. Brady does a great job getting off his first reads and getting back to another. With Dalton we can tell which way he is throwing as soon as the ball is snapped by which way he looks. However as you have said we obviously will continue to disagree on this, and see it differently. Great post! Thank you for that... as you said, I still don't 100% agree... but at least I understand your position more clearly.. I honestly felt you were contracting yourself this whole time... but you've now clarified your argument.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.