December 14, 201510 yr Looks like the best chance in school history so far. The offense gets all the hype, but to make that run you have to be elite on both ends of the floor and so far they meet the criteria. There are still a few concerns on D, but Mack is using the 1-3-1 to shorten the game at perfect times so far. What we don't know is how they will play from behind or in a tight game in the final minute. They get a ton of credit for playing at a level that leaves that question unanswered, but it is going to float around until we find out. And if that is your only unknown, you belong in the conversation... I wouldn't exactly call myself an X fan, but I always find myself rooting for them. It would be really cool if they could put together a Butler type run from a few years ago. Getting a little bit ahead of myself I know, but I'm certainly intrigued at the thought.
December 14, 201510 yr Mick is lucky he did get an immediate second T. Reading lips on tv he gave the official a choice word followed by a pronoun. I was kind of shocked that he didn't. Curious if the official just didn't hear him, if not, he must have wanted to give him a lot of leeway. Made me laugh that they showed it on replay when you could see it so clearly.
December 14, 201510 yr Was a great crew, they get the situation, they aren't going to run a coach in that type of game if they can help it.
December 15, 201510 yr It needs to be said that Mick and his staff deserve a TON of credit for the development of Octavius Ellis. That guy, from where he was 5 years ago, to now, is crazy. Reminds me of the development of Jason Love, from a kid that was a project, to a dependable 5 you could throw it down to on the block and run an offense through. Kudos to Ellis for putting in the work -- hope he has a monster year. I know he has walked a broken road, I'm rooting for him.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.