December 4, 201510 yr https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/manassas-mosque-gets-threatening-phone-call-you-all-will-be-killed/2015/12/03/494142b2-9a09-11e5-94f0-9eeaff906ef3_story.html?postshare=8621449235904609&tid=ss_tw-bottom This is precisely why failure to distinguish radial Muslims from mainstream Muslims is very dangerous behavior.
December 4, 201510 yr We have one guy who is crossing the country to New York who has made threats to a Muslim community there, and the Feds can't find him now. Last night a Mosque in Florida was vandalized.
December 4, 201510 yr https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/manassas-mosque-gets-threatening-phone-call-you-all-will-be-killed/2015/12/03/494142b2-9a09-11e5-94f0-9eeaff906ef3_story.html?postshare=8621449235904609&tid=ss_tw-bottolm This is precisely why failure to distinguish radial Muslims from mainstream Muslims is very dangerous behavior. OK.?. How do you distinguish who is radical and who's not ?
December 4, 201510 yr OK.?. How do you distinguish who is radical and who's not ? So we should just threaten all of them to be on the safe side?
December 5, 201510 yr https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/manassas-mosque-gets-threatening-phone-call-you-all-will-be-killed/2015/12/03/494142b2-9a09-11e5-94f0-9eeaff906ef3_story.html?postshare=8621449235904609&tid=ss_tw-bottom This is precisely why failure to distinguish radial Muslims from mainstream Muslims is very dangerous behavior. I think calling one "radical" and one "mainstream" is a dangerous behavior. That guy that did the shooting in California. He was an American, with a good job, and everyone is shocked at what he and his wife did. He was mainstream....right up to the point that he started killing people.
December 5, 201510 yr My Christian friend and colleague told me she believes Islam is an evil religion, certainly not one of peace. That's her take. She is a very devout Christian. I've never met anyone with stronger faith than she has. Not saying her view is right or wrong, just relaying what she said.
December 5, 201510 yr https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/manassas-mosque-gets-threatening-phone-call-you-all-will-be-killed/2015/12/03/494142b2-9a09-11e5-94f0-9eeaff906ef3_story.html?postshare=8621449235904609&tid=ss_tw-bottom This is precisely why failure to distinguish radial Muslims from mainstream Muslims is very dangerous behavior. If Farooks own family couldn't differentiate a mainstream Muslim from an extremist how would you expect me to!
December 5, 201510 yr So we should just threaten all of them to be on the safe side? Not exactly the answer I was looking for...
December 5, 201510 yr Not exactly the answer I was looking for... Well that's a positive I guess :lol2:
December 5, 201510 yr If Farooks own family couldn't differentiate a mainstream Muslim from an extremist how would you expect me to! Along the same lines as we differentiate between mainstream Christians like the Colorado Springs guy, and kids who decide to go into schools and start shooting?
December 5, 201510 yr So we should just threaten all of them to be on the safe side?Nope, but right now I can't help but feel a lot of suspicion.
December 5, 201510 yr Let me rephrase... How do we distinguish the good guys from the bad guys, both Christan and Muslim , to be PC.
December 5, 201510 yr Along the same lines as we differentiate between mainstream Christians like the Colorado Springs guy, and kids who decide to go into schools and start shooting?If your instincts are currently telling you to be suspicious of people that fit the Christian profile then go with your Instincts, I wouldn't blame you one bit!
December 5, 201510 yr Let me rephrase... How do we distinguish the good guys from the bad guys' date=' both Christan and Muslim , to be PC.[/quote'] I wouldn't say that's PC I'd say that is being specific, which in these scenarios is very important. To your question, no idea
December 5, 201510 yr Nope' date=' but right now I can't help but feel a lot of suspicion.[/quote'] Well duh, that's just human nature. I can understand that and I can understand feeling nervous when I see a nerdy white guy in a trench coat. Which makes winter really awkward for me when I look in a mirror. :lol2:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.