Ryle 51 Simon Kenton 48

The varsity game was what I had expected for early season between two good teams. Lots to learn and improve upon.

Got there at halftime of the JV game. Where did they find those two officials at? Awful would be an understatement.

It seemed to me there was 100% agreement by all in attendance that those officials were awful.

Hard fought game on the varsity level. Ryle more poised down the stretch. SK's 3rd quarter turnover barrage and inability to make free throws the big difference. I'd like to see % as well; have to believe it was in the 30% range? Both are talented teams and will have solid seasons.

The officiating in the JV game...hard to describe and really, really bad both ways. The face mask call against Aaron Rogers last night was less of a foul than the one mentioned above where the girl got hooked around the neck and spun around. I appreciate the fact that the guys were out there and there's a shortage of officials but we all can't be refs. I didn't see the Freshman game but I heard was very similar.

Has the concept of the outlet pass disappeared from the Girls game? Every rebound by SK and the ball is on the floor. They don't look up until they are 1/4 way down the court.

I was thinking about that last year. I well remember 20 yrs ago Highlands games where Jaime Walz would rebound and throw a bomb to Caity McGraw for an easy layup. Seems you never see that play anymore.

Game was at Ryle so they were 9th Region guys. I know who you are talking about but he isn't as bad as these two; almost like they had never seen a game before? It was almost funny at times; although the SK JV coach wasn't laughing when he landed the T.

Edited by Clubhouse

Game was at Ryle so they were 9th Region guys. I've know who you are talking about but he isn't as bad as these two; almost like they had never seen a game before? It was almost funny at times; although the SK JV coach wasn't laughing when he landed the T.

Gotcha. My bad. :thumb:

That is a huge part of Niece's game. Last year she had lots of almost half court passes to girls ahead for easy layups. However, Ryle did a good job of limiting those passes last night.

One odd fact about those are if the pass comes from beyond half court it is not counted as an assist. ??